|• chapter - 20 •|

The second day of camp was a little less hectic and a little more weird. The whole day went by with me handling everything extra carefully as if my life depended on it and Dr. Shehryar behaving extra weirdly. I couldn't help but ponder over the glimpse of that sacred emotion called love in his eyes that I had witnessed on several occasions.

You're not thinking about this Annaya. He doesn't even care about you. You're only going to get your heart broken and believe me you've had enough heartbreaks already. My brain warned but something inside my heart just wasn't believing it.

Not only was this clouding my brain but also Dr. Shehryar's extremely weird behaviour was just making me go crazy. For a second I even thought of going to him and asking him what's wrong but then I remembered how his mood changes faster than lightining strikes the sky and thus continued doing whatever it was I was doing before the stupid idea struck me. I'll just have to ignore it, I thought and tuned into my work.

●●●

S H E H R Y A R
I'm falling. The first thought that came to me as my eyes opened. Sun rays peeken into my room through the windows and I laid on my bed for a while just thinking about that.

You're falling, yayyy! My heart was jumping up and down with happiness but my brain was doing the exact opposite.

Shehryar, you ready heard her. She loves some mani guy and you stand NO chance with her. I mean look at her!

I contemplated on that and really thought about Annaya. My brain was right. She wasn't meant for me. I'm a tainted person and I cannot stain her purity and her innocence. She has a heart of gold and I keep breaking it. Also, she loves Mani.

But why does it hurt huh? Why does it hurt whenever I even think about not being with her. She makes me feel all these emotions, emotions I didn't know I was capable of feeling. Why is she so important to me? Yesterday when she was standing at the edge and was on the verge of falling in that river I couldn't feel anything except for worry and terror. My whole world stopped and I wanted to cry and save her somehow. I wanted to give my life instead of hers. And then when she fell on me and when I held her hands, it was like fireworks were lit inside of me. I was exploding with happiness and god I wanted to stay like that forever.

I kept on staring at the wall and thinking about her until I heard my phone ringing. I slid the bar on the screen to accept and held it to my ear saying a hello.

"Oh my God you actually picked up. Agh, I was about to win the bet." He said.

"Yeah well you were never a lucky person." I snickered after hearing him groan.

"Nope. I really am because a) you picked up my call and b) I'm getting married to this amazing woman I cannot think to live with out." He said in a very chirpy voice.

"Good for you bro. Now tell me for what reason did you ruin my sleep?"

"No reason except that I'M GETTING MARRIED AND YOU HAVE TO BE THERE AT ALL COSTS BECAUSE I LOVE YOU AND I WILL NOT MARRY WITHOUT YOU HERE." He yelled from the other side making me wince and fall from the bed.

"Ouuff-" I landed on the floor and I could hear him laughing on the other side.

"So you'll be there right?" He asked in a very polite tone and I sighed.