|• chapter - 27 •|

Lost in my own thoughts I didn't feel the car stopping or the driver turning around to tell us we had reached our destination. It was Manaal who shook me and told me to get out.

I opened the door, a gush of cold air hiting my face removed all traces of thoughts that I had pondered over in my head. The driver had already opened Manaal's door and I helped her out of there. Wearing these big lehnga's and working in them is a difficult thing to do. 

We moved inside and a few girls took Manaal away to my room upstairs and I checked all other decorations. The flowers on the swing had fallen down so I called one of the helping staff and ordered them around to fix it.

"Lady, can you please move?!" Somebody spoke from behind me. Rude.

"Are you blind? Can you not see? I'm trying to fix—" my voice drained out of me as my eyes met with his. 

He looked surprised but it was nothing compared the shock that was covering my face. For a minute or two maybe I just stood there, not breathing, with wide eyes and a shocked face.

"Uh– Sherry, Annaya. Annaya, Shehryar." Armaan bhai introduced us but little did he know, I knew him. He's the reason I didn't sleep and cried my eyes off and the reason why most of my days were bad and maybe the reason why–why my hearts feeling strange.

"Armaan–" my words cut short when he decided to speak. Oh how lovely it would be to‐

"I know her." He said. Sure you do.

"I don't." I replied.

"Sure you do." He said smirking at me and I rolled my eyes at him. He can go rot– nevermind.

"You and I, we need to talk!" I said looking past him at Armaan bhai. He looked weird.

"Yes, yes we do! Come on!" He said taking my hand in his and we both went upstairs to his room. I couldn't help but notice the way Shehryar looked at me and at my hand that Armaan bhai was holding and the expression and emotions that passed his face left me over whelmed. Until he decided to go somewhere else after scoffing at us.

"Where is she?!" Armaan bhai asked panicking.

"Um in my room?" I answered but it felt more like a question.

"Oh okay. Can I—" he began but I already knew his question.

"No. You can't. Now moving on, how do you know Shehryar?" I asked.

"Ah! He's my bestfriend since college. More like my brother!" He replied smiling.

"Why haven't I seen him before then?" I inquired.

"Because he never visited our house. I did invite him a few times but he refused and now that I think of it, he should be punished." He said lost in thought as I shook my head and decided not to ask more questions.

"Why are you so interested?" Armaan bhai asked.

"Me, pfft! I'm not interested in him. Why would I be interested in him? Hahahaha what are you talking about?" I tried dodging the question and stepped back, trying to run out of the room.

"Um okay. Stop being weird." He said turning around to look at himself in the mirror as I reached the handle.

"Me? You're the weird one weirdo!" I remarked and turned the knob.

"Nah, you're weirder." He said and before I could throw some other witty remark at him the door knob jingled from the other side and the door opened causing me to fall down on my face.