|• chapter - 29 •|

'You are. To me. Only me.'

'You're the most beautiful person I've seen.'

'Annayaaa'

"Hmm?"

'Annayaaaa!'

"ANNAYA KHAAAN!!!!" somebody shouted near my ear as I scowled at him.

"WHAT?!" I yelled back.

"I've been calling your name for the past 5 minutes, where were you lost huh?" Armaan bhai exasperated.

'Oh that was you?' I muttered. More to myself than him.

"What? Who else would it be? Are you okay?" He asked checking my forehead for fever.

"Yes yes I'm fine. What's wrong?" I asked. He was disturbing me from something important. Yeah like thinking about Shehryar? Hmph! My conscience retorted.

"Yeah I need you to iron a kurta for today." He said.

"Aren't you wearing a sherwani?" I questioned.

"Yes but dumbo you have to wear something underneath it aswell!" He answered and walked away muttering something to himself. I shrugged and did the task he had bestowed upon me.

During so I kept thinking about Shehryar. A giggle escaped my mouth as I thought of him and the nearby workers passed me a crazy look.

Pursing my lips I quickly walked away and busied myself into getting ready. Hopefully looking beautiful.

●●●

S H E H R Y A R

'Look at me.' She had said. Little did she know that she was the only person I ever wanted to look at now.

I hummed a tune to myself as a pure and bright smile graced my lips. Her thoughts making my heart beat fast and the blush. Oh the blush under that moonlight was the most beautiful thing I had seen.

"Lalalala nowww tell me how long will this 'shaadi' continue?" Hamza asked.

'If it were upto me, I would continue it forever'. I muttered but thankfully he didn't hear me.

"I don't know. I guess only one more function is left. Anyways, I'm going byeee." I replied and skipped away. Wait- Shehryar cool down! You're skipping and humming and you're acting like a 14 year old girl in love. What the hell is wrong with you? The voice in my head scolded and I frowned.

But I'm so happy! I reasoned turning on the street to reach the hall.

Yeah but man she'll runaway if you do it too much. It spoke.

Hmph! Always ruining my mood. Go away voice. I said and distracted myself with some song as I drove away.

●●●

A N N A Y A

I wore my dress trying not to mess up the hair or the make-up that the beautician had spent hours on doing. The maroon, velvet blouse with gold detailing at its neckline and on it sleeves hung to my torso as the velvet, floor touching skirt with gold pearls and patches at its end claded my waist. My hair were made into a beautiful, elegant bun with a gold, net duppatta (shawl) on the side. I didn't want to wear heels but the golden beauties had me drooling and so I wore them, even though I was struggling to walk straight into it.

"Oh Allah! You look beautiful my daughter!" Mum said as she kissed my forehead and recited some surah for nazar (bad-eye). I smiled and thanked her as dad yelled from downstairs that we needed to get out of the house so that we could reach the hall in time.