|• chapter - 24 •|

A N N A Y A

I sighed as Manaal left thinking about what I should think. Maybe I should just go home... my thoughts trailed off as an excruciating pain shot up my nose. I moved back, supporting my hand on the wall while the other rubbed my broken nose but a sudden movement snapped my eyes open.

I mentally groaned because destiny for sure had planned us bumping into one another everytime.
"Ouch!" I whined and he moved back too which then resulted in me almost falling on my face but he caught my arm in time pulling me up towards him but that just meant more trouble because now we were too close. My stupid heart started drumming so loudly, I swear he would've heard it by now.

Quickly stammering an apology I moved back but his eyes lingered on me a while before regaining his usual composure.

"What are you doing here?" I blurted out as he asked the same thing calmly.

Wow, twining much?!

"Just moving around." We both replied in unison however this time I was more calm than him.

"So um-" I began.

"Yeah I-" he continued.

"I-I should get going-g-" I stuttered.

"Me too yeah-" he replied.

And then we stood there for a minute or two just awkwardly looking at one another before finally we turned and walked away. I practically ran whereas he was just walking.

I wandered around for a little while before deciding to head out home but to my disappointment yet happiness I saw Dr. Shehryar standing right beside my car. Well he was working on his own car that was beside mine but nonetheless he was there.

"Ahem!" I cleared my throat gaining his attention.

He looked at me surprised and weirdly. If I were in his place, anybody who'd have came near me at this time of the night would probably have earned a punch or something.

"Uh your car's on fire." I pointed out as I saw smoke coming out of it.

"Oh shit!" He cursed and did something in the engine that dispersed off the smoke.

"Thank you." He said with a worried look.

"Oh it's okay. I- uh, do you um- I can drop you off?" I suggested but it sounded more like a question than a favour.

He stared at me and contemplated for a minute but the battles I could see in his eyes told a totally different story and once again I found myself drowning in him.

He nodded and closed the bonnet of the car, taking out his jacket and the key from the ignition.

"Thank you for dropping me." His velvety voice sent shivers down me. Once again I found myself envieing his good looks and his beautiful voice.

"No, no its okay. Let's go!" I said and went around my side of the car, quickly getting in as he did the same.

"Nice car." He commented and it seemed like he was smelling it.

"Haha it is. It's been with me through everything." I muttered slowly but he seemed to have heard it and now the way he was looking at me was making me melt. Tenderness and care were evident in his eyes and I found myself questioning if he is the same Dr.Shehryar or somebody swapped him with someone else.

"Everything seems too much." He suddenly said turning his head away. He looked handsome with that warm smile and that look in his eyes but more than that, his voice and what he said was intriguing.