|• chapter - 18 •|

S H E H R Y A R

The sun hid behind the curtain of clouds as cold gushes of air blew making it harder for the interns to set up the camp. Everybody was given a task before patients would start coming in.

"So, the letter..." Dr.Hassan trailed off. I licked my lips and smiled up at him.

"Well you see. Wait, what letter?" I tried dodging but he gave me a knowing smirk.

"You really think I wouldn't see through your lie? I can so you better start spilling the truth if you don't want the worst coming your way." He threatened and I gulped nodding my head yes.

"Chachu I- I, it's ugh! She was sad, like very sad and I wanted to know why but Ali was there with me so it would've seemed weird so I sent him to give you that letter and so I could hear her. She's scared of flying you know? But I did that trick, the one bhai used to do with me. Chachu she-she, I mean, I don't care but I-"

"Yeah yeah. If there's one thing I know you're crazy for her. Oh and I like her. A lot."

"Hahaha I know me too." I said absentmindedly as chachu smirked at me and my eyes widened in realization.

"No, no, no, no, no! I didn't mean it like that-" I tried reasoning with him.

"Listen Shehryar. I have always considered you my son and I was there with you in every step of your life so I know you. I was there when she left Shehryar-"

"Don't take her name please." I interrupted.

"I won't anyways, all I'm saying is that analyze yourself and your feelings for her. Annaya, she's different and too good for you so please, take your time and think about it. Okay? Don't rush and don't barricade yourself. Learn!"

"I will chachu. I will. I just- I need time. You're right, I need to take some time to understand the whole thing oh and Bhai's here too. But he's not staying. "

"I know. I talked to your father. I just hope everything gets better." He said as we finished setting up the camp.

"Ok", I replied back and left to help my interns.

●●●

A N N A Y A

"Hey we're supposed to do this like that, you idiot!" Ali said taking the hammer from Ahmed who was helping in fixing the camp.

"No! You're doing it wrong." Ahmed wrestled back trying to take the hammer from Ali but Ali in time moved back causing Ahmed to fall on dirt. At this we all burst out laughing but that was shortlived as seeing the commotion Dr.Shehryar arrived.

"What are you both doing? Are you even a tad bit serious about the whole camp thing or is it just a 'fun' thing for you?" He said making air quotations and glaring at both Ali and Ahmed. Me and Sara were trying our best to control our laughter but were failing miserably at it.

"And you two-" Dr.Shehryar turned towards us and our smiles vanished. "-what have you been doing? Sara get the supplies out and start placing them on the table. Ahmed, you go with Sara and help her out. Ali, fix this camp and Annaya you help settle those supplies accordingly." he added and went away.

We all started doing the tasks assigned to us but I could feel something was wrong with Dr.shehryar. He was behaving awkwardly and he seemed a bit distant.

What is it to you? You said you didn't care right? Also, you know nothing about him then how do you know if he's being distant or not? My conscience spoke in my head as I settled the bottles of antibiotics on the table.