|• chapter- 41 •|

T H E   E P I L O G U E    P T . 1

The smell of freshly baked goods and spices filled the house as the smoking grill brought it's own odour from our backyard.

"Pass me the cloth, quick!" Somebody called out from the kitchen as mom carried the hot pie from the oven.

"Hey watch out!" Yelled somsone from the backyard as 2 very naughty kids giggled running around the house.

Greetings were exchanged as the twins entered carrying gifts which were soon replaced by two small children who also happened to be twins!

"Ladies when will the food be served?!" Papa came out with dad to the kitchen asking us.

"Oh don't worry, it's almost done." Mum added from behind after which she again busied herself with the curry.

"Ho! Ho! Ho!" Both the little ones screamed as their uncles carried them in air.

"Ahmed! Ali! Put them down please and come sit down!" I said as I went out to the backyard to call everyone else.

"Guys diner's ready, please come in!" I added going towards him.

"Oh my, aren't you looking beautiful today!" He complimented me for the umpteenth time yet I still reacted as if I heard it for the first time. Blush covered my cheeks and a goofy smile spread over my face that I knew was be covered in flour and spices.

"Thank you but we really need to head up and get ready because diner's almost done now!" I replied helping him with the BBQ.

"Yeah yeah. Don't worry I'm almost done, go ahead I'll join you soon!" He said picking the grilled pieces and I being the dumb one continued to ask him,

"Wh-e-r-e?" My voice came out uneven and the redness of my face probably had me looking like a clown infront of him.

He laughed out loud at that and I quickly ran in, away from further embarrassing myself. Ughh what is wrong with you Annaya?! I scolded myself but I couldn't reverse whatever just happened. Even thinking about it warmed my cheeks.

Going into my room, I picked out a dark blue dress that Shehryar had brought me a few days back and hopped into the shower, getting all the food out of my hair.

A gentle knock on the shower cube made my heart lurch. I took a deep breath before answering calmly.

"Who is it?" I asked.

"Who would you want it to be?" He replied. God he was really here.

"I–" my voice trembled but before I could say something he added from his side,

"If you don't want me to come in, you just have to say it my love." His voice was so tender, almost like rose petals.

"Um okay. I don't–" I started but he once again interrupted me. God what is wrong with this man?! He never let's me complete my sentences!

"Oh okay." He said quickly but I could sense the sadness in his voice. I smiled at his habit of interrupting me since the beginning and poked my head out of the shower giggling at his retreating, emo form.

"You're such an idiot! Come in!" I called out and he came inside running.

We spent a little longer than needed because Shehryar was being a child and was continuously squirting shampoo at me and I was hitting him with the loofah and we also were playing 'who splashes who the most' so yeah, it took a little longer than we expected. We came out laughing and giggling like small, school girls and dressed up quickly.

"Shall we?" He smugly asked for my hand as I nodded placing my hand in his. We descended down the stairs and to the dining area where both our friends and family were sitting. Mama and mum(Shehryar's mother) were sitting together as were dad and papa(Shehryar's father) and accompanied by them were Armaan bhai's twins (Zain and Ahmer ) both of them being equally naughty and cute. Me and Shehryar loved them so much and were often scolded by the parents for spoiling them with toys and love.

On the other hand, Dr hassan sat beside his beautiful wife who was chatting with sara and opposite to them were ahmed and Ali, engrossed in their own talks.

As the food served, everyone got busy in quickly  endeavoring it. Laughs were shared as both me and Shehryar were teased along the lines of "the newly married." The topic of "our honeymoon" was also tickled and boy did that have me blushing like an idiot. Shehryar was no help infact he was the one teasing me the most. What a husband I have!

The whole evening passed by in a blur as we all enjoyed ourselves in the company of those we love.

The night soon came to its end, everyone bid their goodbye's and left for their houses, leaving me and Shehryar alone.

"I'm so tiredddd!" I half said–half yawned as my eyes got droopier and were on the verge of closing.

"Yeah me too. Come on let's get you in bed." Shehryar said carrying me to our room. Yes he did that whenever I was super tired and I didn't mind. What? It's a free ride hehehe :)

Changing into my pj's I jumped into our bed, under the blankets as he chuckled pulling me closer to him. I frowned at him and he smiled kissing my nose, making me giggle.

"I love you so much Annaya!" He whispered twirling a strand of my hair in his finger as I nodded at him.

"I love you more now let me sleeeep!" I whined earning another chuckle from him. With that being the last thing in mind, I slowly drifted off to darkness, dancing to the rhythm of his heart beating under my head.

I know not much of an epilogue but I had to show that after everything they went through, after everything that happened, they still got their happiness, even if it was having dinner with the people close to them, they were happy and content. Being content and happy is a blessing not all are familiar with.

Dont worry, theres still pt 2 of this epilogue and once again thank you for all the support and love you've given me. I hope you all keep supporting me and my work in the future too.

Take care,
Allah Hafiz,
Badkitten146