|• chapter - 39 •|

THIRD PERSON POV

Weeks had passed by since Shehryar and Annaya saw each other. The last encounter they had was in the hospital where Annaya had seen him sleeping beside her and he had given her up and moved away from her, completely.

Slowly her wound had healed up. Yes she did have to stay in the hospital for almost a week or so but soon she was able to function completely and with her stubbornness, she started working again.

Shehryar flipped out on Dr. Hassan for letting her start work so early. He said she needed time to heal completely and rest was important for her. It took great effort for Dr. Hassan to convince him that she was okay and she was tired of sitting around in her house, doing nothing.

Little did he know, she wasn't tired of doing nothing, she was tired of not being able to see Shehryar. Every day during her stay in the hospital she waited for Shehryar to come but he never did. She cried for him to be near her but he never came. One day, she even got up, removed all the drips and wires from her hand and walked around the hospital in search of Shehryar. When somebody asked why she was moving around and not in bed, she would say, "I needed some fresh air." A lie she used so much, it got worn out.

Shehryar himself was sad and sulking. His anger was over the roof and poor interns, they had to endure it all. He felt sorry for himself but there was nothing he could do. He used to stare at her through the camera's installed and was very cautious of coming infront of her.

Annaya had asked about him several times from Dr.Hassan but everytime she'd be fed a lie. She was tired of this. Her heart was hurting and so was she. It was as if she could feel the pain physically.

She was trying to find him but he was a ghost. He was there yet she couldn't see him. It was only a matter of time before she gave up. Not on Shehryar but on her own self.

A N N A Y A

Everyday is a new torture. Everyday my eyes search for him and I try my best to find him in the crowd but I never do. Not once has he tried to contact me and no matter how much I hide it from people, I can't hide it from myself. I love him so much, it hurts.

"Dr. Annaya? Please go to the conference room for the monthly announcement." The nurse informed me and went away as did I.

I had a very bad headache since morning—

Because you were bawling your eyes instead of sleeping. My conscience retorted angrily at me.

'No I wasn't.' I responded back.

Yes you were. You practically do this every night, every day, every second.

'I don't want to talk about this.' I replied back grimly.

Ofcourse you don't. Run away Annaya. Do it again. Just like you always do.

"Are you going to go in or not?" Somebody behind me said and I excused myself, quickly opening the door and going in.

Just like always, he wasn't there. Again. Yes I have caught glimpses of him but whenever I turn back to make sure it was him, he'd be gone by then. Now I'm trying not to care. Of course he would stay away from me. After all that I did, after all his brother had to go through, he would never talk to me again. My heart twisted painfully at this bitter reality but no matter what, I had to accept it.

"Pretty boring right?" Somebody asked and I turned my head in their direction.

"Yes. Yes it is." I replied back trying to end the conversation then and there but he was persistent on talking to me.