𝟑.𝟓

──── 「CALL FOR ARMS」 ────

     I had followed Raven and Sinclair and agreed on looking for the launch codes on the condition that we'd only use them as our last resort to which they both agreed immediately, driving me to think they were not as much on Pike's side as they h...

     I had followed Raven and Sinclair and agreed on looking for the launch codes on the condition that we'd only use them as our last resort to which they both agreed immediately, driving me to think they were not as much on Pike's side as they had pretended to be; which I had to say, was a big relief. After looking for an hour through a bunch of computers and books, I was starting to think this was even more useless than anticipated.

- "Damn it." –Raven sighed, throwing a bunch of papers next to her.

- "What happened to that Raven Reyes confidence?" –Sinclair questioned as I laughed.

- "It's a 12-digit code, there are a trillion combinations; it's gonna take me a minute."

- "If anyone can find the goddamn code, that's you Rav." –I smiled pointing at her and she smiled.

- "So, Samantha, what you got?"

- "Apart from a backache and a lot of information on Grounder blood?" –I said pointing at the screen in front of me- "No code."

- "Come on, guys." –Sinclair sighed heavily- "It's gonna be dark soon. We're working analog and digital, what are we missing?"

- "A beverage." –I smiled to myself- "I still don't get how Dante memorized the number, it had to mean something to him; there's no way he'd remember 12 random digits."

- "Yeah." –Raven scoffed.

- "He had to write it down, I mean, there are no more options."

- "Oh, come on, Sam. That's like setting the launch codes to all zeros."

- "Can you imagine it were actually 12 zeros." –I rose from my seat, chuckling- "He was always talking about his paintings and art... he could have written it down on the back of one of his pictures in his office, or maybe he added the number to one of them."

- "Really?" –Raven scoffed, crossing her arms over her chest before looking at Sinclair.

- "We don't have anything to lose." –he handed me the keys- "You check the office and we'll keep working the tech here, maybe one of us will get lucky soon."

- "I hope it's me just so I can laugh in your face." –I looked at Raven who playfully rolled her eyes before handing me a walkie.

- "If you find them, let us know."

- "Yeas, ma'am."

I just need to find a 12-digit code, I mean, how hard can that be? Dante had to have it written down. Could Cage have changed them? No, he didn't have time for that, he was too focused on killing us all for our marrow. I made my way from the Command Center to the President's office lost in thought and started to check all the papers on the desk. Wao, he really knew his culture and art. I'll keep these and maybe one day when everyone decides to chill for a second, I'll be able to learn more about this. I made a pile with all the interesting stuff I was finding until the only thing left to check were the paintings; needless to say, the codes weren't there. Ugh, come on. I'm never living this down. I sighed taking the walkie.