𝟑.𝟏𝟕

──── 「NOT A GAME」 ────

     We had made it back to the cave to let the rest know what exactly had happened

     We had made it back to the cave to let the rest know what exactly had happened. Once we got there, as we were discussing what to do, Jasper reached us through the radio, talking about a chip that was making everyone go insane back in Arkadia. I was sat with Sam who had been the last to make it back to the cave with Bellamy.

- "What happened back there?" –I finally asked once I managed to calm down slightly as I had felt furious when I saw them come in together- "You made up with him? You forgave him?"

- "No." –she opened her eyes since she had been lying against the rock with them closed- "I asked him why he did what he did, hoping he'd said it was the right thing to do but, mmm, well... he did it to save us. Which I appreciate, you know? I didn't really want to die and leave you alone but I'd rather him understanding why that had to be done. I just hope he'll see it at some point."

I carefully studied Sam's face; she was good at hiding her emotions but I knew she was tired and she wasn't even bothering to put on a façade anymore: she looked exhausted and sad, almost heartbroken, and that only made me feel worse.

- "I'm sorry."

- "For? You haven't done anything wrong, O."

- "I'm sorry for lashing out at you. Bellamy might still be alive but he's not who he used to be."

- "Don't worry about it."

- "Sam..."

- "I'll be fine. This can only go one of two ways, either we make up or we don't; we both know it. Personally, I'd like to make up because...well..." –she didn't have to finish, I knew well what she meant even as she drifted off.

- "You love him."

- "Yeah, but right now I don't see much of who he was when we landed or when we lived in Arkadia before and after Mount Weather..."

- "What are you going to do?"

- "About...?"

- "Bellamy, Sheda... after we end this..."

- "I think I'm gonna need time to be alone."

- "Oh."

- "No, I mean, alone as in single." –she gave me a soft smile- "I also don't think I could go back to Arkadia and see your brother every day, see him probably moving on with someone who does think like him, someone more similar and better for him..."

- "Sam, Bellamy didn't turn this way because of you."

- "I'm not so sure, O. He was fine until we got together."

- "And you were good for three months." -I reminded her, trying to make her see the truth.

- "I know, but with everything that's happened lately, I... I've been having... doubts to put it some way."