𝟑.𝟖

── 「INCOMPETENT SHOOTER」 ──

     I was almost at the tree line when I heard it: a single shot in the distance and, before I could do anything, the bullet hit me, making me fall from Selene

     I was almost at the tree line when I heard it: a single shot in the distance and, before I could do anything, the bullet hit me, making me fall from Selene. They shoot me. He really wants me dead, doesn't he? There were no more shots as I laid there on the mud, trying to distract my mind from the pain, Selene licking my hands until I told her to leave. They think me dead, now that's just kinda offensive.

I waited until the shadows covered me to move towards the forest, finding Selene drinking water from a puddle. It could have been worse, they could have hit her. My arm felt numb from the fall and it hurt worse than when Murphy shot me so I struggled a bit to get on Selene, but soon enough after making a somewhat decent tourniquet on my shoulder and with her help, we started to make our way towards where the army was supposed to be. There was still some light when I got there and I quickly distinguished a familiar face on the ground.

-    "Indra!" –I yelled getting down from Selene- "Indra! I'm coming!"

-    "Samantha?" –she opened her eyes slowly to focus her gaze on me; she had been shot on the shoulder and was bleeding.

-    "I'm so sorry, Indra. I tried..." –I started making a tourniquet- "I really tried but they wouldn't listen and..."

-    "Your people did this." -her voice was cold and showed the hatred she felt inside.

-    "I know who did this, Indra; those were not my people, you are." –then something clicked... oh no- "Ion." –I whispered- "Indra, where's Ion..."

-    "He was at the guard's post on the other side of our camp."

-    "We're going to find him." –I stated and whistled for Selene to come- "I'm going to take you out of here and to Polis."

-    "If they learn of this, they'll kill you."

-    "I'll take my chances. I know I fell from the sky, but I'm not Skaikru anymore."

Indra nodded as I offered her my hand to raise from the mud; Selene laid on the ground, making it easier for Indra to get on her before we started to make our way towards where Ion was supposed to be. I started screaming for him as we looked for more survivors but no one answered and I feared the worst. A hand suddenly was raised in the distance and I ran up to it followed by my companions. No.

-    "Ion!" –I screamed falling to my knees next to him- "Not you, please."

-    "Sam?"

-    "It's me." –a tear fell down my face as I held his head on my lap- "I got you, you're okay."

-    "Sam..."

-    "No, don't speak." –I scanned his body finding a bullet wound on his stomach- "I'm so sorry for this but... we'll fix it, you'll see." –I placed my hands over his wound to put some pressure- "We'll get you all fixed up and then we'll go back to training and maybe you can finally show me the ocean and some more moves to knock out Sheda, huh?" –I smiled as another tear started rolling down my face- "What do you say?"