𝟑.𝟏𝟎

──── 「JUSHEDA」 ────

     After talking with Octavia, we both made it back to Lexa's tent, only to be met with a new decision: blood would not have blood

     After talking with Octavia, we both made it back to Lexa's tent, only to be met with a new decision: blood would not have blood. I knew what they were trying to do but just because the Twelve Clan's army wouldn't retaliate against Arkadia, it wouldn't mean the end of the war; that war could only end with Pike's death. Since I was supposed to be dead myself, Sheda asked me to go back with him to Polis so that I could finally see how their life really was; Octavia agreed with him and promised to radio me if anything happened or if she needed me.

- "You'll be safer in Polis, Sam."

- "I don't want to be safe, I want to take Pike down."

- "We'll be in contact, I'll keep talking with Kane and, if anything changes, you'll be the first to know."

- "But..."

- "Sam, if anything happened and they saw you, Pike wouldn't let you get away this time and I'm not risking it, okay?"

- "Fine." –I sighed- "But promise me you'll be safe."

- "You too."

- "You are legit sending me out with a nanny," –I pointed at Sheda who was standing next to me- "what do you mean 'you too'?"

I laughed as Octavia shoved me back lightly before she started laughing with me. After saying goodbye to her, Sheda and I made our way to Lexa's tent to let her know I was coming with them and she agreed as Clarke was coming too. Sheda and I got on our horses and started to move back to Polis followed by the rest of the Grounders.

- "I have something for you." –Sheda looked at me.

- "I hope it's something nice or Selene and I are turning back." –I chuckled.

- "Here."

He made his horse move closer to Selene as he extended his arm in my direction with his fist closed, I let go of Selene's reins and placed both my hands under his fist; once he opened it, a braided strand of hair dropped into my hands and I recognized it immediately.

- "Ion."

- "Before we tucked his body, I cut a piece for each of us... I thought you'd like to have it."

- "Thank you, Sheda." -I closed my fist around it, facing Sheda with a small smile on my face, trying my hardest not to cry- "Really."

- "I can add it to your own hair once we are in Polis."

- "I'd love that." -a solitary tear fell down my cheek as I put away the braid inside my vest to keep it safe.

- "You're going to love it there, Sam." –Sheda spoke again after a moment of silence- "There are so many different people and everyone has something to offer."