The Nameless

"We have to run," Jasper breathed, looking around frantically.

"Where would we go?" Scythe asked, "Which way is the fog even coming from?"

"There's no time," Finn said and pulled off his pack, yanking some material out of it.

Jasper, Finn, Monroe, Bellamy and Scythe worked together to pull the tent over themselves, hoping the flimsy material would be enough to stop the fog that killed Atom.

Atom.

They crouched in the tent for ages, Scythe smothering a hiss from the pain that the crouched position was causing her ribs. A few more minutes passed and then Bellamy spontaneously pulled the tent off of all of them, "There is no fog."

"Maybe it was a false alarm," Finn suggested.

"You really believe that?" Scythe groaned as Bellamy wrapped a gentle arm around her to help her up.

They saw a figure in the distance, and Jasper's voice wavered, "They're coming back."

"I think he's alone," Bellamy said, his voice low and determined, his eyes narrowed, "He doesn't see us, I'm going after him."

Finn raised his eyebrows, "And what? Kill him?"

"No," he replied, "Catch him. Make him tell me where Octavia is, then kill him."

Scythe stopped him, "How do we know he's not leading us into another trap?"

He stared at the Grounder, "We don't."

~*~*~

The Grounder led them to a dark cave and one by one they squeezed in after him. Scythe stepped in through the narrow crevasse and heard Bellamy's relieved voice, "Octavia!"

Her eyes adjusted to the dim light and Scythe saw Octavia chained to the wall with an unconscious Grounder next to her. It was the one that she had fought- the one that had taken her. Scythe raced over to her once Bellamy had unlocked her cuffs.

Octavia stepped out of his embrace and into hers, "Scythe."

Scythe groaned softly as Octavia squeezed her, but she didn't care. Octavia was safe. Everything was okay.

She was safe.

Scythe ended the embrace and grabbed Octavia's hands, examining where the chains had dug into her wrists. Octavia furrowed her brow, "What are you doing?"

But when Scythe's sleeves fell back and Octavia could see the scars marring her friend's wrists, she was quiet. Then, gently, she pulled her hands away, "I'm okay, Scythe, everything is fine."

No. Everything was not fine.

Guilt settled in her stomach.

Octavia turned her warm brown eyes to look at Bellamy, "How did you find me?"

He glared at the unconscious Grounder, "Followed him."

Octavia nodded and moved towards the exit, "We should go. Now. Before he wakes up."

Bellamy narrowed his eyes at the Grounder, his face a painting of rage, "He's not going to wake up."

Octavia's eyes widened, "No! He didn't hurt me."

"No," Bellamy agreed, "but he hurt Scythe."

Scythe didn't have time to process that, because suddenly the unconscious Grounder leapt up and stabbed a shining knife into Finn's stomach. Bellamy was the first person to react, launching himself at the Grounder. They struggled for a moment before the grounder gained the upper hand, pressing his long stick to Bellamy's neck. Octavia screamed and Scythe pulled out her own knife.

She plunged it into the Grounder's side and he grunted in pain. She seethed, "That's for ramming me into a tree."

The Grounder whipped around and his eyes widened in recognition. Before he could recover, Scythe hit him on the head with her knife, throwing everything she had into it. The Grounder fell, unconscious. She stepped over him, towards the exit, "And that's for threatening my friends."

Her eyes blazed.

~*~*~

The party rushed through the walls of the camp and Jasper screamed, "Clarke! Where's Clarke? Get Clarke now!"

Clarke rushed over to them, through the crowd, "I'm here, what's up?"

Bellamy came through the gates, carrying and unconscious Finn. Clarke's eyes widened in horror, "Finn? Finn! No."

She checked his pulse, her training kicking in, "He's still alive."

Jasper leaned in, "Bellamy wouldn't let me take the knife out."

She nodded, calming him, "No, that was a good call. Get him to the drop ship. Go!"

Scythe saw Raven approach Clarke with a broken expression on her face, "Clarke, can you save him?"

Raven knew Finn?

Clarke shook her head, "Not me, I need my mother."

"There's still no radio," she ran her hands through her hair.

Radio? They were trying to set up a radio?

She felt so clueless. So much had happened while she had been away with Octavia.

Scythe's heart dropped into her stomach. A radio. She should have known. Even when she was little Raven would build devices that amazed Scythe.

Now it seemed those devices would kill her.

Clarke gave her a determined glare, "Raven, you can do it. Fix it. Go!"

Raven nodded, sniffling and her eyes caught Scythe's. Suddenly her scared face turned into one of anger. She ran over to her and shoved her, "You let this happen!"

Her left side felt like it was on fire.

Scythe tried to calm her down, "Raven, I didn't know the Grounder was still awake until too late."

"You could have stopped this!" She seethed, her eyes pooling with tears, and she looked at Scythe with complete disgust, "You could have stopped a lot of things."

She tried to strike Scythe, but the latter blocked the blows easily, "You don't know what you're talking about."

"I know exactly what I'm talking about!" Raven barked, trying again to hit Scythe, "You are a monster and you deserved everything that happened."

Scythe almost staggered back, an icy hand gripping her heart. She gave Raven, her oldest friend, a pained look, "You don't mean that."

Raven stepped forwards and Scythe could only see hate in her eyes. This was the girl that used to be her best friend, her sister, "I mean everything."

It would have hurt less to have been stabbed.

Scythe spared a glance over at Bellamy who was yanking the grounder into the dropship. Raven gasped.

"They don't know do they?" She asked, smirking, relishing the power she had over Scythe.

She had known these people all of a week, of course they didn't know. Raven reached out to grip Scythe's braid, mockingly running her hands down its perfection. Taunting her. As if Raven knew why it was flawless.

Scythe pushed back tears that wanted to gather in her eyes, "Do they know that I gave up everything to save you? No."

"You want a thank you?" She sneered.

Scythe almost laughed, "I never want to be thanked for what I did."

Raven's face morphed into one of disgust, "Do they know who you are?" She stepped forwards, "Do they even know your real name?"

Raven didn't even know her real name.

Scythe turned away from her, "I don't have a name."

"No." Raven agreed, spitting on her, "You don't."