Lies and Betrayal

I'm still here I promise haha!

"Please be careful," Skye whispered.

Bellamy held her tighter in a hug that seemed to last an eternity, "It's going to be fine."

She felt his hand tangled in her hair and she reluctantly pulled back, only for him to dip his head down and kiss her. She reveled in the feeling of them together and when they parted she whispered onto his lips, "I don't believe you."

She had always been a pessimist but her skepticism was always for good reason.

He brushed her hair back from her face, kissing her cheek tenderly, "I need to go."

She held her arms stiff by her side to stop them from reaching for him as he left, the riot gear that he was wearing rendering him practically unrecognizable from the back.

Maya and she were left in the radio room they had adopted as their hideout. Maya opened and closed her mouth several times before seemingly mustering up the courage to stammer out, "He's going to be okay."

"He's walking into that room with every member of the riot task force on high alert to try and hand a gun to one of their prisoners," she deadpanned back, and then felt instantly bad when the other girl closed her mouth and adverted her eyes.

"Jasper needs the gun," Maya said, voice stronger than it was before.

Skye sighed, "I know."

~*~*~*~

Bellamy retuned an hour later and Skye had to physically stop herself from rushing to him. She raked her eyes across his body, trying to see if he was hurt anywhere or any if there were signs that their plan had gone sideways.

She eyed his empty holster.

"It's done."

Maya let out a whoosh if air and sagged against the wall in relief. Skye just smiled grimly, knowing it was far away from done. Just because Jasper now had a gun didn't mean their people were saved. Bellamy crossed the room to stand by her and he addressed Maya, "Jasper said Dante's on our side. Is that true?"

Dante. Cage's father.

Maya crossed her arms, "Well we're kind of out of options."

"Okay so what's the move?"

"He's locked up and constantly monitored. I'm guessing one of you could sneak in to bring him food or something, but it's a long shot."

"Which one of us?" Skye asked. If this was a possibility to save their people, then they needed to explore it.

Maya looked between them and shook her head, biting one of her nails, "Maybe Bellamy? Skye you'll only be able to pass for Minseo for a split second to people that don't know her. Bellamy if you pull down your hat... I don't know."

Bellamy looked at Skye, "I have to do it."

She buried her face in her hand, "I know."

Maya and Bellamy left to speak to Dante and she was again alone in the quiet.

She looked around at the mess they had left behind and at the maps spread out on the small table. She hunched over them, trying to distract herself. Her finger moved across the letters, trying to derive meaning from the shapes she hadn't really seen in years. A drop of water smudged the ink beside her fingers and she touched her cheek. She was crying.

Octavia.

She sunk to her knees, fear and despair sapping her strength. She needed Octavia to be safe. Clarke and Raven were safe, but she didn't know where Murphy was and if he was in the missile's path.