Tangible Death

Skye's legs were sprinting for the bunker before her mind could even process that the gunshot meant danger.

She didn't wait to see if Murphy was behind her, though she knew he was. Together they dashed to the bunker and hauled the door open, guards raised and hearts pounding.

She froze when she saw the dead Grounder on the floor, all of the blood draining from her face.

Bellamy had promised her that this wasn't going to be like Lincoln. She couldn't stop a pang of betrayal hitting her. Why would he do this?

She tried to smother the hurt. She didn't have the full story yet.

Judging by the way Sterling and Monroe were staring a Finn in sick fascination, Skye was betting that Bellamy wasn't the cause of this death.

Bellamy unconsciously crossed the room to stand by Skye, and her stoic voice cut through the stale silence like a dagger, "What the hell happened here?"

Finn brushed past her, but she grabbed his bicep with an iron grip, forcing him to twist to face her, and she snarled, "Answer me."

His eyes were almost empty and the sharp scent of blood that he reeked of made her want to take a step back. She held her ground though, and Finn bit out, "We have a map. Let's get going."

Their group exited the bunker one by one until it was only Skye and Bellamy.

"Bell," she whispered, hugging herself, "What are we going to do?"

This wasn't Finn. This wasn't who they were. Things were changing and she didn't think it was for the better.

He ran his hand through his hair, before his eyes hardened with determination and he pulled her arms away from her.

Bellamy forced her to stand straight and he stated surely, "We are going to make sure that that Grounder didn't die for nothing and we are going to find our people."

Hesitantly, she nodded. He was right.

They exited the bunker with their masks and their guns held high.

~*~*~

The group had been running for half an hour.

Skye would never admit it, but she was still sore from the arrow wound and the way it was jostling was bringing her more pain than she cared to acknowledge. Her arm was pressed flush to her ribs and she refused to move it.

Still, they were all bloody and beaten up. She looked around at their group and felt a sense of pride despite everything at how strong they really were. Everything they had ever known had changed in a matter of weeks and they were still fighting for each other.

Murphy shattered that thought with honest words, "I can't keep running forever," he put his hands on his knees and gulped down air, "We don't even know if the guy Finn killed was telling the truth."

Finn dismissed him, "Keep moving."

"We can give them a minute," Bellamy told him and Skye nearly collapsed with relief.

Emery had once told her that before the war, people on the Ground would run for fun. That it was a sport.

Hell no. Were they fucking crazy?

Finn and Bellamy were arguing about whether or not they had time for a break when Skye's face paled, "Guys?"

Bellamy's attention snapped to her and his eyes slowly travelled to where her entire focus laid.