Mercy Kill

Bellamy was pacing.

"She's going to be okay," Skye murmured, quiet enough to where none of the people around her could hear.

He tightened his grip on his gun, "I don't like this."

"So you've mentioned."

He gave her a dry look, "We should be there with her."

"I know. But Lexa was clear. She only trusts Clarke."

Bellamy scoffed loud enough for the people around them to look their way. He silenced himself, "There's no way she trusts her. Right now we need them a lot more than they need us."

Skye opened her mouth to answer him when through the smoky blue of the night they watched a hazy silhouette of a horse materialize.

Slowly but surely a figure appeared right alongside it and Skye felt at least a little bit of tension seep from her body as Bellamy shouted for the gates to be opened. Clarke was back.

From behind her Finn reached for the blonde as she stepped through the gates, looking her over, trying to see if she was hurt anywhere. Skye saw Clarke's face instantly tighten seeing Finn and watched her block him from the Grounder's view.

Abby jogged down to her daughter, face much more gaunt than the last time Skye had seen her, "What did she say? Is there a chance for a truce?"

A breath, "Yes."

Why did she sound so broken?

"What's wrong?" Finn asked her.

Her lip quivered before she said it, "You. They want you."

"Me?" He repeated, baffled.

Skye watched Raven march to them with that fiery expression that brought back so many memories, "What the hell are you talking about?"

"That's their offer."

"That's not an offer!"

Finn was as white as a ghost, "It's a punishment. Blood for blood."

Bellamy looked to Skye with a horrified expression. It didn't surprise her. No matter how much Finn had put them both through, they didn't want to see him dead, "That's insane."

Abby silenced everyone with a wave of her hand, "If we refuse?"

Clarke must have been taking notes from either Skye or Lexa because her face did not reveal anything when she announced, "They attack."

The crowd of terrified people around them began to murmur. Then they began to talk. Then they began to shout. Then they were pushing in on the circle, trying to get to Finn, hurling insults at him, terrified and angry and speaking over each other until there was a white noise of red voices.

"He burned through three months of our oxygen. Throw him out!" A man yelled and reached for Finn.

Raven shoved him backwards and Skye ripped off the hands of two more men grabbing her in retaliation.

Blinded by her fear and her terror Raven began throwing punches blindly, connecting a fist solidly to Major Byrne's jaw. The soldier stumbled back and more guards reached to apprehend Raven and drag her back.

"No!" Skye clawed at their arms before Bellamy dragged her back.

He looked at her more helplessly than she could stand.

~*~*~*~

After a lot of crowd control and promises soon to be broken, Bellamy, Skye, and Clarke went to find Finn.