||16||"ITS ALL OVER!!!"

As mid of December arrived, the full school got ready for the approaching sports tournament. For the 10th graders especially as it was very important as it was our last sports tournament in school. Everyone was eager, excited and enthusiastic.

Every 10th grader experienced one or more moments of happiness. Except poor Harry!!!

Before the games started he was seen everywhere encouraging his house. He was quite sure he was going to shine in every sport.
As he said, "This is the platform where I can show my skills."

The first shocker came when he was not selected as the captain. To add to the wound, he was dropped from the volleyball team. This was too much for Harry to control his emotions. After the volleyball tournament, when most of the 10th boys were appreciated, he was ignored. He remained aloof and did not have the face to come in public. We could not blame the House captain. After all, even after a year of playing volleyball, Harry couldn't yet grasp the game.

Next came the basketball tournament. This time Harry acted sensibly. He knew he could not make it in the team, and remained out of the scene.

Next was the most popular sport of our school, a sport I never learnt how to play: kho-kho. Ironically, I made it in the team due to lack of players.
This time Harry looked charged up.
"This is my sport!!" He said, "Now I will show my skills!!"

But as it is said, overconfidence is not good for health. Especially for a person who knows, the competition is too difficult.
Throughout the tournament there was a lot of chearing from the crowd. Everyone was appreciated for their game, except Harry whom everyone appreciated sarcastically. He came in ran for 50 seconds, got out and returned with a lot of drama. He seemed to have hurt his knee.

Next day, he says he was suffering from ligament tear. After a while, the injury was a fracture. At end, it was an injury about which he was unaware.
After two days, he was fit. This was an injury of laughter.

The last but not the least was the much awaited football tournament. As usual Harry made a statement, "This sport is my dominion. I rule here."

But, he became frightened before the tournament began, seeing the other competing teams. He sat in the dug-out as a substitute. He did enter the field but for five minutes. He came as a keeper, conceded a goal and got substituted. This tournament too proved to be a flop show for Harry.

The sorrow moments came as all the sport tournaments got over. For we boys, it got over too soon.
When we discussed our glorious memories, Harry had nothing to share.
"Next tournament, I'll give my best!", Harry said suddenly.
"Bro all tournaments over." Karthik answered, "No more chance for us to show our talent."
"What it's all over! So fast all tournaments got over. I didn't even realize!"
"Yes bro! All tournaments are over." said Guna.
"Its all over!" chanted Harry and he left our gathering with a gloomy face.

I don't quite remember what happened after that, cause I and my friends blasted our throats with laughter.