10. Presents

Me: hey, you free on Saturday?

Liam: yup, y??

Me: it's the twins' birthday, we wanna have a day out

Liam: omg theyre finally 1!!! But you sure they'll remember what happened lol?

Me:  hmm... maybe not, but I just wanna do something for them, so u up for it or not???

Liam: hell yeah, I'll buy them the best pressy!

Me: cool! C ya xx

Phew, I finally texted Liam to invite him to the twins' birthday day-out. At least it wasn't that awkward over text... Oh, baby crying!

-------------------------------------------------------

Fortunately, the weather was so good on Saturday.  The twins were having so much fun at Hyde park.

'Cheers to Flynn and Liam, who took great care of the twins!' We had champagne while the 1-year-olds had apple juice.

'Cheers to Luther, who looked after the oldest child Flynn,' I said to Luther while Flynn buried his head in Luther's chest.

'And cheers to Mariposa, the best sister and future doctor,' Liam said to me.

I blushed and replied,' you too, Liam.'

-------------------------------------------------------

The boys were playing with Flynn and Luther while Liam and I decided to chill.

' You're starting your intercalated Bsc in September, aren't you? Have you decided what to research?' I asked Liam.

He nodded,' yeah, I'm gonna do it on paediatrics.'

'Really?' I joked, 'is it because of them?' I gestured at my brothers.

He shrugged,' they're a big motivating factor, I mean, I've always loved hanging out with children, they're really the purest form of humanity, you know?'

I agreed and said,' yeah, and that day I saw Theodore helping Mateo out of his crib scared me so much!'

He laughed softly and said, ' yeah, I think I wanna specialise in paediatrics in the future.'

'Oh really? I wanna go into obstetrics and gynaecology!' I replied.

I think being an OB can help so many mothers to make their labour easier and safer.

He said, ' I guess we'll be working together a lot in the future then, haha.'

We fell into an awkward silence again.

'Mariposa, about the thing that I said to you...' Liam said.

Oh, he brought it up again.

' I hope you understand that I'm serious,' he continued, ' I know I come across as quite a cheeky person sometimes.'

I chuckled,' oh? You are?'

He smiled gently and said,' yeah, but listen, we've spent some time together and you know what I'm really like, don't you?'

I could feel my face heating up, I said,' you're really nice, and you genuinely care about my brothers.'

He nodded and held my hand,' and I genuinely care about you, too,' he's now looking at me in my eyes. His pupils have dilated, whether because of the champagne or me, I don't know.

I really like him. He's been such a caring person. Even during the school year, he's come and taken care of us and taught me so much about medicine. Let alone his gorgeous face and physique.

But I couldn't form a sentence, my mind is bundled up now, with my studies and my brothers to consider.

But no, I have to be true to my feelings.

I put down the champagne glass and reached for his face. I caressed it and pulled it closer to me.

I kissed him.

He looked taken aback when our kiss broke.

'I like you, too,' I told him.

He smiled and came closer to me, our foreheads were touching each other. He whispered,' will you be my girlfriend?'

I smiled and replied with another kiss, which turned into a make out before a little person crawled between us- Teddy.

'Mari!' He now knew how to say my name too!

I hugged him tightly and said,' yes, Teddy? Are you having fun?'

He laughed happily and Matty joined us too.

'Who's ready to open their presents?' Flynn asked.

'I've opened mine,' I heard Liam whispered. And we smiled at each other.