15. Christmas wish

'Right, it's lunch time, everybody!' Sandra told us, who were all in the living room looking at our phones, except sometimes Alanna would ask me for my opinion on high fashion clothes.

Wow, the food looked and smelled amazing. The turkey was carefully sliced in front of us by the chef, with smooth delicious gravy. The mash potatoes were golden yellow, so much more buttery than the instant ones I bought from Waitrose.

'Here, have some more turkey, Mariposa,' Liam kept serving me more food, which made my face flush as everyone watched my plate piling up.

'Mariposa, tell us about yourself and your family,' Sandra said.

'Um, I have two brothers, they're both a year old,' I told her.

'Oh, and where about do you live?' Joshua joined in the conversation.

'I just live in a flat with my brothers and my friend, about a few minute walk from UCL.'

Everyone looked surprised, ' you live with your brothers and a friend?' Alanna asked.

I nodded, 'yeah, our parents are dead,' I slowly lowered my voice as I spoke.

Everyone widened their eyes and looked at each other, as if finding the best way to respond to my statement.

Finally, Liam helped me,' and she studies medicine, too, Mariposa?'

I quickly said, 'yup, I'm in my second year.'

Nobody was really interested, except for Alanna, ' that's really cool! You must be very bright.'

I smiled and said, 'I'm alright, but my memory's really good...'

-------------------------------------------------------

'Ugh! They hate me!' I practically tore my dress off, the sequins were irritating my skin.

'No, trust me they don't. That's just how my family is in front of strangers,' Liam explained.

'Yeah, Posy, how bad could it be?' Flynn joined in persuading me.

I put on a jumper Liam gave me, which was huge so I could wear it like a sweater dress around the apartment.

' Did you see the judgement on their faces when I said I am raising my brothers by myself?' Liam looked upset so I quickly said, 'sorry Liam, no offence.'

He shook his head quickly and said, 'no! None taken! I get how you feel.'

I sighed,' it's not like I have any other choices. I can't put them into orphanages, can I?'

Teddy has somehow managed to climb onto my lap, so I let him sit there, 'I just love them so much,' I said as I kissed Teddy on his forehead.

Liam came and sat beside me with Matty, 'of course, who wouldn't love these two little angels? They're such good boys!' He rubbed Matty's belly and the toddler giggled.

-------------------------------------------------------

I was woken up by the smell of gingerbread, I realised it's finally Christmas!

The twins had also woken up and already sat on their high chairs, waiting for the first batch of gingerbread-man.

'Mari!' Teddy and Matty screamed simultaneously when they saw me.