17. The cunning boy

Everything was amazing!

We built a sandcastle with the twins, they even helped me put seashells to decorate it!

We brought them to the sea where Teddy nearly licked the sand!

Liam kept splashing water at us and the twins were having so much fun.

As per usual, people along the beach was staring at us, clearly thinking that we're teen parents. I mean, there's nothing wrong with that! I'm taking my responsibilities seriously!

After four hours, I could see both the twins' eyelids were hanging, which made me laugh. They've never stayed up that long without having a nap, they must be exhausted.

'We have to go back, the boys are tired,' I told Liam.

-------------------------------------------------------

After changing their nappies and clothes, I put them into their cribs, where they fell straight asleep.

Liam and I went to our room and finished unpacking, then we chilled on the king-size bed for a bit.

By chilling I meant making out.

After a while, we were both panting.

I didn't even realise Liam was on top of me. We're so close to each other, I could literally feel his heart pounding.

He tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear and looked deeply into my eyes, 'I love you, Mariposa.'

I gave him a peck on the lips,' I love you, too, Liam.'

He rolled off the bed and took out a thin book out of the bedside table.

'What's that?' I asked him.

'I'm trying to find if there's nanny service at this resort,' looking through the book, ' that's what my parents used to do when we went on holidays.'

' Is it safe though? You know I have trusting issues when it comes to who's taking care of my brothers.'

He patted me on my butt and said, 'it's gonna be fine. There.'

He called the reception and five minutes later, the nannies arrived at our door.

'We're just going to the beach for a bit, we'll be back in three hours,' Liam said to the nannies, who looked, I guess, somewhat professional.

-------------------------------------------------------

When we got to the beach, Liam practically ripped off my over dress, which left me only in my bikinis.

I felt exposed so i shouted, ' Liam! How could you?'

He seemed to look in awe, but he quickly went back to his usual playful self, 'why bother covering up when you have a body as hot as this, my goddess?'

I blushed and said, 'stop embarrassing me! My body isn't that good! Look at the other girls on the beach!' There're at least twenty of them on the beach with devil-like figures who kept staring at Liam the whole day.

He carried me up bridal style and said, 'I don't care about them, I just love your body,' then he started heading towards the waters.

He's right, why would I or my boyfriend care about other girls?

'Hey stop splashing water at me!'

-------------------------------------------------------

The sun was setting after two and a half hours. The number of people on the beach clearly lessened.

Liam and I were just sitting on the beach mat, appreciating the view.

I leaned on his shoulders while he wrapped his arm around my waist. Our fingers intertwined.

'This is just superb,' I said.

' Agreed,' Liam kissed me on my forehead, 'I'm so glad I get to spend this time with you.'

'It's all Alanna, she bought the tickets, she's such a great person.'

'Yup, she's absolutely lovely,' Liam said.

'So what are your other siblings like?'

'Felix is ten years older than me, so we're not really that close, but he's always been strict with me,' he sighed.

' Max is seven years older, but we didn't get to bond much either because he's always away at boarding school.'

' Boarding school could be tough,' I said, from my own experience.

'Oh yeah, you also went to boarding school, didn't you?'

'Yeah, but it was the worse years of my life! Posh kids tend to be quite mean to each other, especially to those who's parents were never there for them.'

He shifted his body so he's looking at me face-to-face now, he put his hands on my shoulders, giving them a light squeeze,' Mariposa, trust me, I'll always be here when you need me.'

I nodded and smiled at him, 'never doubted you.'

-------------------------------------------------------

'That was so much fun! And damn, Mariposa, you're so good at surfing!' Liam said when we're waking back to our house.

'I used to do that a lot in the Bahamas, literally was my dad's favourite place,' I sighed, remembering the good old days when mum and dad were still together.

'Mari! Mari!' Teddy and Matty half ran and half stumbled out of the living room as soon as we stepped foot into the house.

'What about me?' Liam asked, trying to get their attention. But my brothers both ran and nearly jumped on me.

Wait a minute.

'Oh my days! Matty, you're walking?' I screamed my lungs out.

This little cunning dude, as soon as I said that, his ass sat straight down to the wooden floor. Both the twins were laughing and rolling now.

'Hey! I just saw you walking!' I tried to get Matty to stand back up again,' come on, don't you wanna run with your brother?'

But all he wanted was to be carried around.

Look at them, they're teaming up against me already! At fifteen months!

I sighed, this ain't gonna be easy with these two.