14. Christmas lunch

'Mariposa, I've been thinking about this for a long time now, I hope you could meet my family,' Liam said to me after we've been studying for the whole evening at Flynn's apartment.

Wow, he wanted me to meet his family, it's a big thing, isn't it?

'Um, sure. When?'

His face lit up when I said ok,' what about next Sunday? It's my family's Christmas gathering.'

He also added, ' it's only in the afternoon, I know you really wanna spend Christmas Eve with the boys.'

I said,' oh, it's cool, then.'

-------------------------------------------------------

'Are you sure I look fine?' I asked Flynn, who's playing with the twins.

He looked up and said, 'Posy, you look gorgeous in everything!'

'Stop lying to me just because I'm your friend, Flynny.'

He came to the floor-length mirror, carrying Mateo, 'Matty, tell Mari if she looks amazing.'

Matty only smiled and wanted me to carry him instead.

'Alright, thank you. I just don't want to embarrass myself in front of Liam's family, they're really rich,' I said, while Matty fiddled with the sequins on the dress that I bought on Romwe, it was on sale.

' Posy, don't forget you came from one as well,' he picked up Teddy, who's been stumbling around the house. He learnt how to grab onto things to support his little body, so he's technically walking now!

'Anyways, they're gonna love you, I'm sure about that,' Flynn came closer and gave me a peck on my forehead, ' all you need is a pair of heels.'

' That I have, hang on,' I went to my room and took out a shoe box.

'Bitch, where did you get the money to buy Christian Louboutin, huh?' He looked at my shoes and asked.

'Remember that time when I went to the Imperial charity ball with Liam?' I got to keep all the clothes Liam got for me, he said those couldn't be returned and he's got no one to give them to, so I kept them.

-------------------------------------------------------

Liam drove his Aston Martin to pick me up, and his house was about an hour away from central London.

It's a big mansion. With well-trimmed plants all over the front yard. The fountain was made of marble. Next to the house, I saw a big garage which was open, inside there were a few sports cars and two range rovers.

Liam's family was sure rich.

'You look great, Mariposa,' Liam said to me.

I smiled and said, ' thanks,' I leaned in to tell him,' I bought the dress for £5, shhhhh...'

He chuckled and said,' it's between us only.'

'Hey Liam! Is this the girlfriend you've been talking about?' A girl with silky blonde hair and model-like physique came over.

'Hi, I'm Alanna, nice to meet you,' yep, that's Liam's sister that I saw at Harrods last year.

I reached out to shake her hand, ' hi, I'm Mariposa.'

'That's a great name, Mariposa!' She said to me eagerly.

Oh my god, she's so pretty, her skin is tanned and I can see how refined her arms are. I've seen her red bodycon bandeau dress in Flynn's magazines, it's from Valentino.

The siblings hugged and Liam asked, 'Alanna, where's mum and dad?'

She said, 'just over there.'

I saw a lady in a long sleeve midi dress with a purple cardigan. She's ordering her maids to hang up different Christmas decorations, while a man in charcoal suit and gelled hair was reading the newspaper on the burgundy calfskin couch.

We walked over and I could feel Liam's tightened around mine. He looked nervous.

' Mum, Dad, this is Mariposa, my girlfriend,' he introduced me.

Both looked up, which gave me goosebumps.

'Hello, Mr and Mrs Scott, nice to meet you,' I said shyly.

Mrs Scott smiled at me and embraced me, ' Hello, Mariposa, just call me Sandra.'

Liam's dad also stood up and shook my hand, 'Hello, I'm Joshua.'

I tried to smile and make a conversation, but they immediately went back to what they were doing. I looked at Liam but he just shook his head. I guess that just how they normally are.

-------------------------------------------------------

The doorbell rang again, three people came in.

Liam went over and hugged each of them.

'Mariposa, this is Felix, my eldest brother, and this is his wife, Freya,' he gestured at the man in the navy suit and his partner, who both shook my hand.

'And this is Max, my second oldest brother,' he's the guy in dress shirt and jeans.

They didn't really smile a lot and looked rather unfriendly, but I guess that's family trait.