23. Liam: twisted values

I hadn't heard from Mariposa for two weeks now.

Neither had I left the room.

Someone knocked on the door,' Liam, I've left you lunch outside your door,' it was Alanna.

My phone buzzed, and I quickly picked it up to see if it was my girl.

But it's Flynn snapchatting me, just keeping me update on her.

I opened to see it was a video, must be of the boys playing.

Let's see.

I sighed.

She said it.

She said she still loved me!

But wait.

What the fuck was that?

The last part of the video shocked me to my core.

A bunch of men with covered faces knocked her out unconscious, and the video ended.

The look on her face was pure trauma.

It took me a few seconds to process the information.

Mariposa, and supposedly the twins and Flynn, got kidnapped?

Shit.

I replayed the video and saved it with the app that I used to use when Mariposa used to send me really cute pictures of herself.

I quickly ran to Alanna's room, where she was doing some abs workout.

'Hi Liam,' her face lit up as she saw me,' what wind brings you here?'

'See this,' I played the video.

Her smile was instantly gone.

'Liam, it's a serious matter. Report this to the police right now.'

I nodded and said, 'will you come with me?'

She pulled me in for a quick hug, 'of course I will, you're my little brother!'

-------------------------------------------------------

When we came back from the police station, everyone was sitting in the living room.

By everyone I meant mum, dad, Felix, Freya and Max.

Dad was crossing his arms, not a good sign.

'Hi dad..'

'What just happened?' He cut me off mid sentence.

' Mariposa and her brothers and bestfriend got kidnapped.'

'And did you see it yourself?'

'No, but I got a video...'

'A video of someone's snap thing?' He cut me off again.

'Snapchat,' wow thanks for the info, Max.

'Yes, Snapchat, and you think that's reliable?'

'Yes, he's my friend...' 

'Oh! Another friend from medical school, huh?' Ok he's cut me off for three times already, I'm getting pissed now.

'Dad, he's Mariposa's bestfriend, and I trust him to take care of her. Besides, he studies fashion design.' I answered.

He hit the coffee table really hard and started shouting in my face,' exactly! I shouldn't even have sent you to that damn medical school. You should just be studying at LSE and working for me! Not making some random friends who may prank you by sending you some stupid video!'

'It's not a stupid video! We're talking about 4 people potentially being kidnapped! How could you think that this is all a prank? That's outrageous!' I needed to fight back!

He started panting so mum sat him down while Alfred gave him tea.

Mum took over, 'Liam, I just don't think storming into the police station with barely any proof is a sensible thing to do.'

Again, trying to tie me up with her passive aggression.

'How do you know of this anyways?'

'Commander Hughes called,' dad said, 'he said you were trying to make the whole police station work for you because of your ex-girlfriend who's just trying to hide from you! That's horrendous!'

Felix joined in the chastising, 'yes Liam, do you know this will greatly affect Scott and Hanks' stock prices if this was ever reported by the press?'

'Again! About that damn bank! What's wrong with you guys? Isn't the money we already have in our bank account enough?' They we're driving me crazy with their twisted values.

'Ok, that's enough, Liam,' mum said, 'stop arguing with us.'

I looked at all of them,'you guys are crazy.'

Then I turned and walked towards the door.

I'm never coming back to this fucked up family anymore.

And I'll find Mariposa by myself.