9. First words!!

' Open your mouth... and there, last bite, Matty!' When it came to feeding the twins, Mateo was always better, Teddy... well, let's just say he's a natural procrastinator.

'And you, little bear, swallow the banana and mango purée, you still got a whole bowl to finish!' I said to Teddy, who's got his last bite in his mouth over 10 minutes ago.

'Maybe it's just your cooking,' Liam said to me. I rolled my eyes at him and said,' shut up, Scott.'

Ugh, this guy. Can he stop following me!

'Nope, I will never stop following you around,' Liam said. I must've looked surprised, because he added,' you don't have to say it out loud, I can see from your face, haha...'

The twins sat in their high chairs nearing rolling off with laughter.

I wiped Matty's mouth and let him down to his play mat before nap time. And then turned back to Teddy to continue keeping his little stomach full.

After half an hour, I've given up. I tried everything!!

-------------------------------------------------------

'Ugh, my little brother is never going to eat what I cook!' I collapsed onto the sofa.

Liam, on my right, was reading a fashion magazine Flynn bought,' you want me to teach you?'

I snapped,' you can cook? I doubt someone as rich as well would know cause you're followed by teams of chefs all the time.'

He laughed and said,' wanna fight?' I looked at him and said,' who's afraid of who now?'

-------------------------------------------------------

So our competition is to see which twin finished the food first. I cooked for Matty while Liam got Teddy.

'Matty, you can do this, you love food, don't you?' I tried to get Matty to open his mouth but this little thing just wanted to play all day.

I turned the high chair around so Matty's back was facing his toys.

I quickly chucked a spoon of the avocado purée in his mouth.

The face he made when his mouth was full of food was really cute but then I had to keep my straight face so he knew we're doing serious business here.

We stared at each other for five seconds before Matty spat everything in my face and laughed uncontrollably.

So did Flynn.

'Yup, we're full and happy,' Liam announced.

'What? No way! Teddy never ate that fast!' I exclaimed.

Liam showed me Teddy's bowl and it was empty. 'Want me to teach you now?'

Wiping my face off Matty's spit, I said,' ugh fine.'

-------------------------------------------------------

'So what did you make?' I asked him.

'Spinach and yam purée, perfect for nine month olds.'

He washed both the spinach and yam and cut it into little cubes. Then he put the yam into summer for 10 minutes and also added the spinach. After cooling the mixture, he blended the food to make the purée..

'The reason why they're not eating as well as they used to is because they're tired of the same flavour,' Liam explained, ' all you gotta do is to try out different combinations so they get the nutrients they need. Now, you try and make it.'

'Okay, so first I have to wash and cut the vegetables,' I said,' it's not that hard... ouch!'

Oh shoot, I cut myself with the knife!

'Oh no, Mariposa,' Liam got the first aid kit and helped me.

'Here,' Liam finished cleaning and putting a bandage on my cut,' not a deep cut, you're good.' He smiled at me as reassurance.

My heart sped up a little bit as I saw his smile. I pulled my hand back and said,' thanks.'

He sensed the awkwardness and joked,' you know, I can come and cook for the twins and you anytime, so next time I see you, you won't lose a finger.'

Flynn appeared out of nowhere and said,' yes, please come! I'm sure ... ahem Mariposa... the twins will be so happy to see you everyday.' I glared at Flynn.

' Let's feed my little Matty first, he didn't eat much of the avocado purée.'

-------------------------------------------------------

After feeding the twins, we're playing with them on their play mat.

'Teddy, say Mariposa... Ma...Ri...Po...Sa...' I tried to teach my brother my name.

'Baba...' was all I got.

'No, it's Ma-ri-po-sa,' I kept trying.

'Babababa...' I guess not then.

I turned to Mateo and said, 'Matty, you're a big boy now, say Ma-ri-po-sa.'

He didn't even bother looking at me!

I sat him down on my lap and looked at him,' say it, Matty, I know you can do it! Ma-ri-po-sa.'

'Mari-baba...'

He said it!

' Oh my god! Flynn! Liam! Matty said my name!' I kissed Matty on his cheek, but he started crying, maybe I pressed too hard...

Flynn and Liam came and said,' really?! Say it again Matty!'

I said,' Ma-ri-po-sa.'

And he followed,' Mari-lalalala..,'

Even though it wasn't my full name, we're all so excited! 'Yes, it's me!' I said.

Flynn got Teddy and tried to make him say,' now, young man, it's your turn. Say Flynn.'

'Bababa...'

'No say Flynn!' He wouldn't give up.

'F...fin!'Teddy said.

Flynn was so happy that he nearly threw him up the ceiling!

My brothers were growing up so fast!