Innocence

"mom?" harmony came out of her room to hear something shatter downstairs. she ran down and into the kitchen. it smelled like gasoline and there was glads on the floor.

when she smelled it her concern levels rose. "mom!?" she ran around the house to find her, then ran downstairs to the basement.

distort was sitting on a torn up couch crying and staring at a glass with some sort of brown drink. thr smell seemed strong though. distort looked up with a sad face "harmony... didn't i tell you not to leave your room..?"

"b-but mom i was worried.. are you drinking again..?" harmony went over

distort didnt like alcohol anymore. she found her happiness in gasoline... she just called it artificial happiness. "..yes harmony..."

"what happened?" harmony whimpered

"just... thinking about my friends and family... i cant see them again..." distort secured herself in her home, afraid of herself. she broke once before and almost lost herself completely. she didnt trust herself after that, she almost put harmony for real adoption once because of it.

harmony attached herself to her mother. "go see them mom, it's okay. or, or call them!"

"i...harmony you know why i dont... they hate me..."

"they do not, they miss you mom!!" harmony gasped

"i cant trust myself... harmony..." she took the small child off of her and held her shoulders "can you promise me something?"

"yes mom?" she tilted

"if i... malfunction to the point i cant recover... please run away..." she gripped her shoulders "dont bother trying to fix me, just run. my wires are getting old my child and my sanity is running thin.." she looked away "and i dont know if i can hold myself back to not kill you..."

harmony looked like she was about to cry. "b...but i love you mom-"

"i know you do. but you need to grow your own wings.. i cant always be there..." distort sighed a sad one "also harmony?"

"m-mhm?" her eyes watered

"never...EVER have them turn you into something like me." she said angerly but maintaining her calm "my sweet child doesnt need to become a monster. if anyone picks or bullies you for no reason again... well... you have the right to kill them" her voice became robotic before she drank more gasoline to 'fix' herself "always look at the bright side. no matter if its a situation where everything goes wrong. you have a life to live outside of this house and when you live you need to know."

she cried into her moms chest heavily and loudly. it scared the hell out of her that she might have to abandon her mother.

distort rubbed her back and laid into the sofa. harmony fell asleep after half a hour of straight crying and hiccuping. distort grabbed something from the side table. it was a necklace and matching braclet. she slowly put it on her "...i'll always be with you in spirit" she picked her up and tucked her into bed upstairs.

she went into the living room and popped out her phone. she messaged zenki.

distort: [it's wearing down a lot now.. i feel wrong zen i dont feel right... keep messaging me until i dont respond. and if i dont respond...

...trap me up and never let me kill her]