Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Song for this Chapter: Can't be Tamed by Miley Cyrus

Riley's Point of View:

"C'mon Riley hurry up!" my best friend Ryan scream-whispered up at me. "Calm yourself dude!" I scream-whispered back at him, slipping the toe of my black doc martens into one of the slots in the chain-link fence.

I grabbed onto the top bar of the fence and pulled myself up and over to the other side of the fence, carefully avoiding the barbed wire. I silently landed on my feet on the grass-covered ground.

I got a thumbs up from my other best friend, Jonah, and a fist bump from Ryan. We turned to the sign that said "Private Property. No Trespassing" and looked each other.

We burst into a fit of laughter and sat down on the ground. We looked out at the amazing sunset. "This really is the perfect place to watch the sunset Riles" Jonah said. "I told you" I replied. Ryan reached into his pocket and pulled out a pack of cigarettes and his silver lighter.

He popped one end of the cigarette in his moth and lifted the lighter to the end that wasn't in his mouth, hitting the switch and igniting the flame. The tip of the cigarette lit up and he pulled the lighter away from it.

He handed me the box and lighter next and I copied his actions, drawing in a puff of smoke then puffing it out after I pulled the cigarette out of my mouth. I handed Jonah the box and lighter after I was finished and he imitated Ryan and I's actions.

(Authors note: no I don't approve of smoking it just fits the story)

Jonah leaned his head against my shoulder, I leaned my head against Ryan's shoulder and Ryan placed his head on top of mine. We watched the sun go down and were about to get up when we heard a siren wailing.

"Hey! You kids!" We heard a police officer scream. "Crap. Lets bounce guys" I said as we jumped up and ran towards the fence. Jonah and Ryan held their hands out as stepping stools for me. I grabbed their shoulders as I stood on their hands. They pushed me up. "Go go" Ryan said, looking back at the officer who was getting closer and closer to us.

I jumped over the fence, Ryan and Jonah landing beside me ten seconds later. We took off towards Ryan's red 2005 jeep wrangler.

We jumped in and Ryan pulled out, the tired screeching as we pulled out of the abandoned parking lot. As we sped off I looked back to see the officer still running through the field. We pulled off the abandoned night streets and onto the highway.

I stood up, popping my head out of the top of the car and letting the wind whip my hair and blue and flannel back, my tank top clinging to my body against the harsh breeze.

Ryan turned on the radio. Can't be Tamed by Miley Cyrus came on and I threw my head back and laughed. "RILEY ITS YOUR SONG!" Ryan screamed over the gush of wind. I laughed even harder.

I closed my eyes and lifted my arms above my head, throwing my head back and cheering, "wooooohoooo!!!!"

"Riley you got an audience!" Jonah screamed, pointing to a car in the lane next to us. The window was open and in the car was four teenage guys staring at me in awe. I blew them a kiss and Ryan and Jonah laughed while the four guys' eyes widened. I turned my attention back to the road in front of me, not paying attention to the four guys anymore.

"I wanna fly I wanna drive I wanna go! I wanna be apart of something I don't know! And if you try to hold me back I might explode! Baby by now you should knooowwww! I can't be tamed! I can't be tamed! I can't be blamed! I can't cant I can't can't be tamed! I can't be caged!" I sung along with Miley as I reached down and ruffled Jonah's brown hair. He laughed and styled it back in a quiff.

I turned back to the four guys again and their jaws dropped. I laughed at the expression on their faces and did the finger wave as Ryan sped off, leaving their car in the dust.

We ended up pulling into a random parking lot and laying on the hood of Ryan's car, staring up at the stars. I always admired the stars. They are light years away but they shine so bright.

"We better get you back home kiddo. It's probably past your curfew and we don't want your parents to hate us more than they already do" Jonah sighed. "First of all, please Jonah who are you talking to? Of course I don't have a curfew. Second of all, who cares what my parents think?" I stated as I jumped off the hood of the car and sat down in the back seat of the car. Ryan and Jonah sat down and we started driving in the direction of my house. "But you have to remember your 15 and we are 18. That's why your parents hate us" Ryan said. Its true. My best friends are both two guys that are 4 years older than me.

After about ten minutes we pulled into my driveway and I leaned forward. I kissed Jonah on the cheek and he smiled. I kissed Ryan on the cheek next and he blushed. "Thanks guys. It's was fun" I said to them, jumping out of the car and turning to them.

"No problem kid" Ryan said. The moonlight glistened off his black lip ring. Ryan had sandy blonde hair that was sometimes styled in a quiff and sometimes just spiked and a black lip ring. Jonah had a black nose ring, brown hair that was always styled in a quiff and a tattoo on his arm. "Bye guys" I waved as they drove off. "Bye Riles! Love you!" Ryan said as Jonah blew me a kiss and I laughed.

I pulled out my black iPhone and turned on my music. "Do My Thang" by Miley Cyrus came on as I opened the front door and walked inside to a dark living room. I saw the kitchen light on and decided to get a water bottle before I went upstairs.

"Every single night and every single day, Imma do my thang, imma do my thang. So don't you worry bout me cuz imma do my thang" I sang as I walked I into the kitchen, looking at my phone. I opened the fridge and grabbed a water bottle and closed the fridge. I turned to walk upstairs and crashed into something and fell down. "Crap!" I exclaimed, placing my hand my hip which broke my fall. Okay well that kinda really hurt.

"Please don't be broken please don't be broken" I said as I stood up. Good, no broken hip.

I looked up and saw the four boys from earlier in my kitchen. "WHAT THE-?!" I was cut short by one with sandy blonde hair placing a hand over my mouth. "Don't curse. It's not lady-like" he had a heavy accent but I couldn't tell what. Swedish?

I bit the strangers hand which caused him to pull it back abruptly. "Ah shut up! Now what are you doing in my kitchen?!" I screamed. "Riley?" my mom came into the kitchen. "What's going on?" she asked. I gestured to the four weirdos in the kitchen. "Oh them. Well listen sweetie. Your leaving with those guys in an hour. Your father and I are packing up your room" she said. "WHAT?!" I screamed at her in disbelief. She's gonna ship me off with compete strangers?!

"They'll explain. I'm going to go finish packing your room up" she said as she dashed out of the kitchen door. I cursed in Spanish and threw my water bottle at the door. "Sassy" one with black hair and ear piercings said. I turned and glared at him which caused him to raise his hands in defense.

"Okay. Do you mind explaining why my mom just told me that I'm leaving with you guys?" I asked. "Well um I'm your brother" one with brown hair said.