Sleepless nights

Keith woke up to his screaming alarm reading 5 am "great..another Monday" he sighed and got out of bed and got ready for work. He was the head doctor at his local hospital and was quite famous with his patients and work buddies, he was the nicest doctor at the hospital. He yawned and stretched his back as he got up to his feet than walked down the hall to the bathroom and washed his face than brushed his teeth and got his scrubs on than put on some deodorant and some of his cologne. He looked in the mirror and sighed. He had this terrible habit of picking out everything he thinks is wrong. "My hair looks like shit...I'm getting fat..maybe I should just call in 'sick' and sleep all day.." Keith groaned and walked back to his bathroom and fixed his hair into a loose cute braid. Everyone knew he was gay and they accepted him. He yawned and walked down stairs to the kitchen and started making him a cup of black coffee to wake him up. "Kosmo!" He said out into the temporary still house. All you could hear was the pitter patter of four paws running down the stairs and into the kitchen. "Good morning buddy, want some breakfast?" He said in a cute voice as he grabbed a cup of dog food and poured into the bowl and gave it to kosmo. He checked his watch and quickly finished his coffee. "I'm late!" He said as he rushed on his lab coat and rushed to the front door to get on his shoes. "Bye kosmo!" He hummed Than left for work.

He walked into work and was immediately hit with multiple patients that needed to be seen stat. He ordered other doctors to different patients and he took a few of the others. "Sir we have a patient that is in need of immediate attention!" A nurse said anxiously as she handed the patients information over to him. "Alright no worries I will take care of it, you pulled two all nighters so go home and rest." He said with a nice smile. She smiled tiredly, she was way past exhausted and she looked sick and tired. She left and went home. Keith felt his phone buzz and he opened to see a text from Shiro.

Shiro: hey handsome I know your day just started but do you want to grab lunch on your lunch break? We can go to that coffee house you like?
Keith: Yea, pick me up around..let's say 11:30?
Shiro: ill definitely see you then baby, love you and have a good day. Oh and I'll be in the truck instead of my work car
Keith: okay hun, I gotta get back to work. Love you!
Shiro: love you too babe

Keith smiled to himself and bit his lip. He yawned and was handed a new patient of his. "Hey wait a minute this hardly has any information" he said to the nurse that handed him the patients file. "I-I'm not sure, that's all he told me" she said, she was new to the hospital and was quite nervous at work. He sighed and nodded "alright, thank you and do me a quick quick favor. Go give this note to the front desk. They are lacking terribly" he said than left to room 205, he knocked on the door to see a teen that looked horrible. He frowned a little than put on a smile and walked in. "Hey, I am Keith your doctor." He said as he placed down the file on the counter and put on some gloves to examine his patient and run some test and such. "Do you have a name?" Keith asked as he looked at the sickly looking teen. "Dean.."he said quietly "alright dean, tell me what's going on" Keith said "I feel like I have to puke..and I feel hot" he said, he was sweating. Keith nodded and grabbed a thermometer and took deans temp. "You are definitely running a fever" he said "are you hurting anywhere?" He asked dean shook his head. "Alright, this is a embarrassing question but have you been running to the bathroom constantly? Like you can't keep any food or liquids down?" Keith asked and dean nodded "alright, well it sounds like you have a stomach virus" Keith said "now, we're missing some information. How old are you?" Keith asked as he grabbed his pen and looked at the teen. "15" he said "where's your parents?" He asked "..dead" dean said quietly "o-oh..okay how did you get here?" He asked "I walked" dean said "do you have any family members?" Keith asked "no" dean said. "Okay, well do you have an address?" He asked dean nodded and gave Keith the address "alright well I'll send some medication there and you'll be back to normal in a few days" he said than left the room.