Prologue

You stared at your phone, completely startled by what you saw in front of you. You had been playing Mystic Messenger for a while now when you had been awakened in the middle of the night by a notification. You had glanced at the phone and saw that it a text came through from Yoosung. The thing was, after you had a moment to wake up, you realized it hadn't come through the Mystic Messenger app. It had come through normal text. And it was obviously Yoosung. He was one of the very few, supposedly, not real people that used moving characters that look like them to express their emotion. The ones that you always found so adorable.

'Yoosung?' you typed. You couldn't believe this was happening. It was allowing you to type in whatever you want instead of pulling up the pre chosen responses that you hated so much because they were never the right answer.

'Yes, Y/N?' Yoosung replied.

You were thoroughly spooked now. Not knowing what to do, you jumped out of bed and looked around. You gasped loudly as you looked around. You had no idea where you were. At first, you didn't recognize the room until you looked at it more closely and realized it was Rika's apartment. That thought made you shiver as you flopped back onto the bed in shock.

Grabbing your phone, you typed in as rapidly as possible, 'Yoosung. What's going on? Where am I? Is this really happening?'

'What?' Yoosung typed back, sending a confused character with his text. 'Y/N, are you okay?'

For some reason incomprehensible to you, you realized you must have fallen into the game of Mystic Messenger. The game that you loved so much suddenly turned dark in your head. It wasn't till that moment that you realized just how dark and scary this game was. First of all, there was a Seren out there, not to mention the death, blindness, and, worst of all, Rika. You held your head in your hands, H/C hair falling over your face as you tried to cope with everything.

'Y/N? Are you there?' came a text from Yoosung. 'I'm worried about you. I'm calling the others.'

There was a pause when a text came from Seven saying, 'Y/N, I'm coming over now.'

Dozens of emotions wracked your body. First, you were excited. Incredibly excited to meet one of the boys you had dreamed about and "texted" for so long. But you were also terrified. What if they realized you weren't the girl that they knew and they decided to leave you on your own, alone in, not only a city you didn't know, but a whole world you had no idea about. What if they wouldn't have anything to do with you even if they did keep you around?

Before these thoughts could circle around in your head and make you go insane, a loud knock came at your door.

"Y/N!" came a voice through the wood. You had listened to many of his calls so you could immediately identify that the man on the other side of the wall was Seven. "Open up! Are you okay?"

You managed to croak out through a dry throat, "Come in."

The door almost smashed open at this and Seven rushed through the doorway in all his red headed glory. He got across the floor faster than anything you had ever seen and he had you in a hug before you could react. He held you for a moment before holding you at arm's length and getting a better look at you in the dark of the room.

"Y/N," he said, peering through the dark, "Yoosung called and told me and I was so wor-"

He stopped, staring at your face and hair that were not matching up to the girl he knew. The voice was familiar, the clothes, too. The same emotions on her face and the same sound but something wasn't right.

"Y/N," he asked hesitantly, "W-what's going on?"

"I wish I knew," you responded, "I wish I knew."