Chapter 4: Kuro Watches

You stood up from your computer, stretching much like the feline you lived with. You were tired of staring at your computer preparing for a party all day. You rubbed your eyes, with a groan. Seven, upon seeing that you were finishing the parties so fast, had somehow managed to find more work for you to do to keep you in the house longer.

You looked at the clock as you heard Kuro call out for you. He always made sure that you got hourly breaks so that your brain wouldn't explode. During these breaks he managed to make you feel appreciated while getting the appreciation he deserved.

You grabbed a blanket and your phone before setting out for the living room. You found Kuro waiting for you on the couch.

Finally. You took forever. I swear, that computer is no good for you at all.

"I know," you sighed. "Not much I can do about it though."

I could always take care of that Seven for you. Kuro let out his claws as you sat down.

You laughed at the gesture that Kuro meant as a joke. You let Kuro jump into your lap and began to rub the cat. You looked around the apartment that used to be Rika's. You sighed as you took in the piles of files and the boxes of U-drives. You desperately wished Seven would let you clean up all these files Rika left lying around but Seven had told you to let V handle it. As if V would ever show up, of course. V was always busy so you sincerely doubted that V would ever come around to take care of the mess.

With a sigh, you stood up with Kuro in your arms and wandered over to a table of files. Cradling Kuro in one arm, you pulled out your phone from your back pocket and texted Seven with one hand.

'Are you sure I can't burn these files or something? They are driving me more insane than I already am.'

Seven took a while to respond but he respond he did. 'Fine. You may put the files in a box and I'll try and come for them tomorrow if I can get away from work. Sound good?'

Sending a smiley emoji you sent, 'Awesome! I'll make cookies or something.'

He send a an excited emoji. 'Can't wait! How's Kuro?'

'He's fine. Just making death threats like he normally does.'

You smiled as Seven sent, 'Lolol. Let me guess, those threats are directed at me.'

'You guessed it,' you typed as you sat back onto the couch, sweeping your hair back to keep Kuro from attacking it.

'Still love you, buddy,' Seven typed, sending a character that had hearts in his eyes. 'Well, still not as much as I love Honey Buddha Chips but...'

You laughed. 'You know, you should eat better.'

'As if,' Seven responded. 'I've got to go. Tough job headed my way. Stay safe.'

'Bye,' you typed, 'Good luck!'

Considering the clock, you supposed you still had some time so you entered the chatroom to find Jumin, Zen, and Yoosung were talking.

You swiftly took a picture of the beautiful cat in your arms and posted it in the chat. Not to be out done, Jumin did the same with his Elizabeth the 3rd. Kuro got a displeased look on his face until Yoosung joined in by posting the picture of a cartoon cat.

'Hello, beautiful,' Zen typed, sending a charming character.

'Kuro says thank you,' you sent back, getting a sort of cat chuckle from Kuro. There was a pause in the chat as everyone laughed.

'Lololololololololol,' Yoosung sent to that. 'How's the next party coming?'

'Almost there,' your eplied, glancing to the room where your computer lived. 'Unless Seven stacks more work on me. I honestly don't care, though. I don't mind being busy as long as I get time off.'

'You're eating enough, right?' Zen asked which made you laugh. They always asked that. They should know already that you loved eating.

'I am,' you said. 'And, even though dinner is two hours, I'm considering having more food anyway.'

Kuro nodded at this. He approved of eating lots of food often.

'Good,' Yoosung replied, 'You have to keep eating. Sometimes, Rika didn't eat for long periods of time.'

There it was. Everyone, no matter if they meant it or not, compared you to Rika. It was incredibly tiresome at this point. Not to mention that you felt there was something sketchy about Rika that no one knew and you couldn't remember because all of your memories had faded at this point.

'Kay,' you sent, 'I have to get back to work. Talk to you later.'

You sighed, unsure of what to do. You didn't want to go back to your computer but you didn't want to continue the chat after that mention of Rika.

'You busy?' you texted Jaehee. The female would be able to help. Right?

'Yeah. Sorry, can't talk right now. I'll text you later tonight.'

Upset now, you couldn't of what to do next.Seven was busy and you didn't feel like talking to anyone who knew Rika. You could always talk to Kuro but you wanted to talk to someone human.

You looked at your phone, considering. You looked at the name of someone who you had never considered before.

'Hi, mind if I rant,' you texted to Unknown. Maybe he would be able to help or spill something about himself. Maybe.

'Cool. I don't mind,' Unknown replied in a friendly manner.

You relaxed before typing, 'I'm stuck in just about everything in life, have friends who compare me to their previous friend in everything, talk to a cat because I don't talk to anyone in real life except for this kid I barely know, and now I'm texting a random stranger because I couldn't think of anyone else.'

'I would hope to not be a stranger for long,' Unknown replied. 'Sorry, that came out kind of creepy. You can always talk to me, though. Why don't you ask your friends to not compare you to the previous?'

You sighed. Unknown was right. Why didn't you? 'She was such a big part of their lives. I don't want to diss on that and then not be friends anymore.'

'I see,' Unknown replied. 'If they are good friends, though. Wouldn't they be more worried about the friend they have rather than the one that's gone.'

Surprised, you realized he was right. You knew the others did care about you. They would accommodate you if they knew they were accidentally hurting you.

'Thank you,' you sent, very grateful for this outside opinion. 'Any tidbits about you? Are you having any problems I could try to help with?'

'I'm trapped too,' came the hesitant text. 'I'm lonely but otherwise, fine. I don't get to talk about myself except for with this girl I barely met. Oh, and you of course. I want to meet you but I would get in so much trouble if I did.'

'I see,' you texted. 'I'm not sure if I can help. Just talk to that girl a lot. Get unstuck if you can. Text me when you need a friendly ear.'

'Thanks,' Unknown replied. 'I hope to meet you soon.'

You smiled, texting a goodbye before looking at Kuro.

He'll be fine. He's just broken.

With that, you stood to go back to work. Kuro stretched and looked out the window, a brooding expression in his blue eyes.

Thoughts from Kuro: Computer is not safe for She-being. Kuro must find a way to keep She-being away from computer.