Chapter 9: Kuro Stirs

"Come with me," Searan/Rei said. He was standing in the door of the dark cell. "I have prepared more suitable rooms for you. Hurry, before the savior gets mad at me for taking so long."

You nodded quietly, looking back at Seven as you left, hoping he was going to be okay. You gave him an encouraging smile that you didn't feel and you could tell it didn't encourage the hacker.

You walked next to Searan/Rei this time and he had his hands in his pockets, looking everywhere except for at you. You decided he looked more Rei-ish in that moment.

"So," you said quietly, "What do I call you? As far as I know you have three names..."

Rei thought about it for a moment. "Rika calls me Unknown when she does actually talk to me but... I do like it when you call me Rei."

He looked away and you can tell he was thinking of simpler times.You walked through the halls quietly and, after making your way through nicer halls, Rei stopped in front of a simple door and kind of bowed you in, but before he could close the door behind you, you stopped him from closing the door.

"You'll come talk to me, right?" you asked nervously, worried about being alone in this place. "Please?"

Rei looked conflicted. "Of course," he said, reaching out to brush hair from your face. "Not yet though. Not today. The savior would notice but I'll come tomorrow with some food. I'm sorry."

He closed the door quietly and you finally turned around to examine the room. It was breathtaking. You were in a suite of rooms that were very comfortable and beautiful at the same time. You doubted very much that Seven would be getting something like this.

The room you were standing in was a sort of sitting room with poofy chairs and beanbags. There were beautiful banners hung on the white walls and your unshod feet sunk into the foresty carpet. There were vases of forest flowers and, touching a chair on your way, you entered the bedroom.

This room was darker and painted to look like a forest, indian paintbrushes speckling the walls here and there. Everything was soft and the heavy bed hangings made you want to curl up on the bed and bask in the semi darkness. You opened the closet and found many sets of clothing that were both tasteful and something you would wear. You grabbed a set of clothing and entered the bathroom which felt like a forest spring.

There were butterflies in this room and some of them were actually real though they hung out above a net that was strung just over your head. There was a hole in the wall big enough for the floating beauties that you assumed led to a room with flowers and other things to keep the butterflies alive. The butterflies came to this room because that was where the water was. If this had been a vacation this would have cost millions.

You suddenly slapped yourself softly, telling yourself sternly that you weren't on a vacation. You were trapped by a whole gang of lunatics and you had to get out of there before they forced you to join as well. Of course, the fact that you were in danger didn't stop you from taking a scented bath, warm shower, and from putting on the lavender smelling clothes.

After about an hour, according to the sitting room clock, you were dressed and perusing the books on the shelves. You were wearing blue skinny jeans, strange for you because you usually wore darker colors, and a floaty shirt with long sleeves and a v neck. If you managed to escape from this place you were stealing some of the clothing. And the pillow for that matter.

Soon, the clock and your body told you that it was bedtime so you obliged and got into warm pajamas and slipped into the foresty bed fit for a queen. Seven and the others always told you that you were a queen. This thought got you thinking about the others and how much you missed them. How much they meant to you. You might never even see them again. The tears came quickly and, choking on sobs, you fell asleep.