Chapter 20: Geek

Seven lolled back in the grass at the park. He had taken up going to the park with Buddha whenever he had some extra time that he felt like using outside. Buddha loved it.

Seven glanced over at a couple that was watching their dragons play together. Since the library had been opened to magic dragons had spilled out randomly for a while. Some stayed to read the many book, some left for the mountains and clouds, and others stayed behind and bonded with humans. Now, it was not a rare sight to see someone playing with a dragon or two in the park.

Seven looked up at the sky, relishing the feeling of his break. He was working for one of the top companies in computers now. They had practically begged him and his brother to work there. It required good hackers and Seven was really good at coming up with computer programs. Top-of-the-line computers always had his programs in them anymore and he was making even more money than he was at his old job as an underground hacker. Of course, being above ground didn't stop him from playing with some projects such as hacking into the White House.

Seven tipped his head so he could see Buddha who was traipsing around the trunks of several trees that shaded Seven. Buddha looked up and caught sight of an older gentleman who was reading a book. Buddha started toward the man, trickery in his eyes.

"Buddha, no," Seven called out calmly. He had to stop Buddha from getting into trouble at least five times each trip and that was on good days. Buddha's spines drooped as he made his way back to the trees. He began to pout and Seven sat up with a sigh.

"Come'ere," Seven said, holding out his arm to the dragon. Buddha crept sullenly into Seven's arms and the hacker stroked the dragon. "I enjoy a good prank too but you havta pick the people a little better."

Buddha nodded, eyes not meeting Seven's. Suddenly, his head came up, nostrils flaring. Before the hacker could see what the dragon was looking at, Buddha had wrapped his long tail around Seven's neck and dragged to his feet and across the grass.

"Buddha!" Seven called, unable to see where they were going. "Buddha, let go!"

Buddha dropped him flat in the grass with a proud chirp. Seven looked up to glare at Buddha but he found himself looking up at a beautiful woman.

The woman held a small lavender dragon the same color as her eyes. Dragons tended to bond with people who shared a characteristic with them. She had straight bangs and brown hair that fell past her shoulders. She was dressed simply but it was still very stylish.

"Are you alright?" the woman asked, trying to hide a laugh.

Seven couldn't reply, mesmerized by the woman's simple beauty and the rough trip he had to reach this spot.

The woman continued to watch him, growing worried, before he managed to find his voice. "I'm alright," he said, leaping to his feet and brushing the grass off his shirt.

The girl went back to amused as she said, "I'm glad. My name is Mary Catherine but I don't like my name. It's too formal. I go by MC."

Seven couldn't take his eyes off her face and his brain wouldn't work correctly. "I'm Seven-Luciel-Saeyoung. Something. You can pick which one you like."

MC laughed and said, "I like Saeyoung."

Seven nodded, entranced. Buddha nudged him closer and Seven felt words come out of his mouth before he could filter them.

"You're really beautiful. Do you want to come to dinner with me tonight or sometime soon?"

MC laughed again, eyes sparkling in a way that made her even more beautiful in that quiet way. "Sure," she said, making Seven's heart leap for joy. "I think I'd like that. I've nothing to do tonight."