Chapter 10: Kuro Wakes

Searan/Rei kept coming to your rooms to talk. He seemed so tense every time he came in and left so cheerful. This made you wonder if he was using you as a sort of stress relief. Not that you minded. Most of the time, you needed some yourself.

The two of you always talked about random things that had happened to you, mostly funny things. You did most of the talking because Searan/Rei didn't have very many lighthearted things happen to you. He listened to you intently, anyhow, and he always laughed and commented in all the right places. It was difficult getting to know him because of the fact he didn't get out much so he didn't really have many likes or dislikes.

Beside that, on the topic of his brother, he seemed cold about it but he also seemed nicer about his brother after you talked to him. He even told you that he had spoken with his brother a little. They didn't talk about anything serious but it seemed to help anyhow. It was nice that you could mention funny things Seven did without Searan exploding on you.

"Searan," you said, looking down at him. You had been fascinated by his hair so he let you play with it sometimes when he came. "Do you know what Rika wants with us?"

Searan looked up at me through those mint eyes. You were bonding with Searan and you hadn't really, truly seen Rei since the last time you saw him at the library. It was funny, though, the more you bonded with him the more he became like Rei. You wondered if he would just have one personality one day. You hoped so.

"I dunno," Searand said, reaching up to grab your hand. "As far as I know she wants to take you to paradise but I'm not so sure anymore. She doesn't tell me anything anymore. She hasn't talked to me for the last few days, actually." Whenever Searan talked about paradise he didn't seem as sure as he used to be when you first met this side of him.

"Paradise," you murmured. "I don't think I want to go to her paradise because...because I already found one with you."

Searan said nothing as he smiled and reached up to touch your face.

"Searan," you said, heart flipping at the expression he was looking at you with. "I want you to be happy. We can't be happy here. You should escape with us, please. That way, we can be happy together away from anyone who wants to control our lives. I don't want you to be hurt anymore. Please, we need to escape."

Searan considered this for the first time. You saw the look in his eyes as he realized that was exactly what he wanted.

"We will escape," he said, making you want to sing. "Then we'll be happy."

......................

V found no one in the apartment. There was a note for him from Rika that he managed to read out of one half blind eye. It said to keep the secret. Another secret.

V jumped as he received a text from Yoosung.

'Did you find them? Are they okay?'

V looked at the note and then at the screen, biting his lip and kind of hating himself. He put his fingers to the touch pad and typed out, 'They're fine. Y/N's cat made a mess of some wires and the wifi is out here. The wires are a mess and Seven decided he would look at Y/N's phone and see if he can learn anything about the hacker. They'll be here in silence for a while. Seven's not sure when he'll be able to communicate with you guys. I'll keep you updated.'

With that, V looked at the note on last time through a half blind eye before turning around and leaving the apartment, closing the door with a decisive snap.

.........................

Searan left your room quietly. No time like the present to start planning an escape. He realized that if he was going to be saving you he would have to free Seven too. With a sigh, the man set his mind to what needed to be done.

The first problem was he couldn't do it all by himself. Not quickly, anyway. The other two couldn't come out and wander around by yourselves so Searan had to figure out how to get supplies, find a good time to leave, and a way out that would work besides the front door by himself....Unless he didn't have to.

Searan walked purposefully down a hall before coming to a tightly closed door. He took a deep breath and opened the door. There, Kuro slept on a soft bed. Searan had been making sure to keep the cat asleep. He knew there was something about the cat that could be dangerous if angered.

The man stepped into the sleeping cat's room. That was when he realized the cat was not asleep.

Kuro's eyes flashed open and the cat sat up, licking his paw as he examined the white haired man.

Where is Y/N? Kuro stared at Searan, waiting for an answer from the stunned man. Searan, unlike you, had never heard Kuro speak and wondered what was going on.

"She's fine," Searan found himself replying. He felt the power within the cat. It felt like a royal panther waiting for its subject to step into his mouth. "I need h-help getting her and Seven out of here."

Kuro looked smug and Searan instantly felt better as the cat accepted him. Well, alright. And you? Will you be coming with us?

"I don't know," Searan said. "Probably."

Good. Y/N likes you. I believe she desires to be your mate.

Searan blushed. Even the cat could tell they liked each other. Searan still wondered if she was misguided, though. What if after they got out she left him?

No need to be worried about he leaving you, either. She knows what it's like to left and she hates that feeling. She would never do that to someone else. Searan was surprised by Kuro's ability to read his thoughts and feelings.

Now. What do you ask of me?

"I need to collect supplies," Searan said quickly. "I need a safe way to get us out of here without being seen."

Kuro grinned if it were possible for cats.

Not a problem.

....................

Searan was on a round of the halls for some last few items of supplies when he realized he should check on Seven and probably warn him about what was going to happen. The white haired man sighed as he turned on his heel and walked down and corridor. He poked his head through a doorway and found Seven reading a book in the middle of the floor. This reminded him of how you always sat on the floor when he came to visit.

"Be ready," Searan said to Seven before closing on the door in his confused face before leaving and finding some last minute items that he was pretty sure would be useful in the escape.

Searan walked into the throne room to find Rika preparing to leave. Searan felt Rei shiver within himself and Searan almost sneered at how weak Rei was. The sniveling child. Searan couldn't imagine why you liked that side of him.

"Ahh, there you are," Rika said, signing something. "I'm going out for a bit. Watch the place for me, won't you?"

Searan suddenly saw the evil intent in her eyes that you had seen the first time. Searan choked back a small noise and said, "Of course."

Searan watched Rika leave, handing her a beautiful coat as she left the throne room. Once she passed out of sight, Searan whispered to himself, "Well, now's as good a time as any."

.......................

You were pacing nervously as Searan opened your door. You saw Seven standing behind his brother, ready to bolt.

"Y/N," Searan said intensely. "It's time to get out of here."

And with that the sirens started.

Thoughts from Kuro: Awake at last. Now Kuro can protect....and get some food.