Chapter 14: Kuro Regrets

V had gotten the message very early in the morning, indeed. It was a text from Rika that had send shivers down the blind man's spine and made him want to throw up.

'Come quickly. You know where. If you don't show up they will die.'

V took a deep breath. This was all his fault. He didn't really know what he could have done to prevent what had happened but he should have figured it out. But, he didn't and this was all his fault just as everything was his fault.

V resigned himself to whatever Rika had planned for him and gathered his things. He left his house, head bent low. He answered the call that Rika had sent, just as he always did. Just as he always had to.

..........................

"Y/N, wake up," Searan said. You opened your sleep gummed eyes and saw Searan hovering over your bed. He seemed nervous. "You have to see something."

You rubbed your eyes, getting up. You entered the living room, pulling your shirt farther up your shoulder. Seven looked like he was just as hyped up as Searan. You almost wondered if they had gotten into the giant marshmallow bag again but the both seemed very somber and there was worry in their different colored eyes.

Seven waved you over to his computer and said nothing has he let a video play. The video was of a reporter woman that was giving that morning's news.

"28 year old Jihyun Kim went missing early this morning," the news lady said as a picture of a familiar blue haired man came up. You thought for a moment when you remembered that this was V. "Our sources tell us that there is good evidence that he was kidnapped by a woman known under the pseudonym Rika. This woman, until recently, was heading a secret cult and drug market when she was stopped by an anonymous email sent to the police explaining about the whereabouts and doings of the organization, Minteye. During the attempt to capture the organization, Rika managed to escape but the police assure that they will find her soon and are following several good leads. Until then, all the members of the RFA, a fundraising organization Rika created before she faked her suicide, are in police protection to keep Rika from kidnapping any of them as well. Only two members have not been found and it is believed that they were also kidnapped by Rika and have not turned up for two weeks."

Seven stopped the video there and there was an uncomfortable silence.

"Do we go find him?" you asked, glancing at Kuro.

I'm only here to help with whatever you decide to do. Kuro flicked his tail at us. This sort of thing is to be decided by foolish mortals such as yourselves. You all know that I would say if it were my choice. Your safety is my only concern.

You nodded that you could almost feel Seven's disapproval. You were just kind of surprised that Kuro finally came out and said why he was here. You had all guessed that was what he was here for. The only question was why. Now was not the time, though. There were other things to decide.

"The other RFA members are safe," you said thoughtfully as Honey came into the room to lay by Searan's feet. "Why don't we just huddle here and wait until this whole this blows over?"

"No," Seven said firmly. "We have to go. I have to know why. Plus, I do owe him for getting me out of that house all those years ago."

"Seven," Searan said, rubbing the back of his neck as Honey rubbed her head sleepily on his leg. "I don't think it's a good idea. We'd be in the open and Y/N could get hurt."

"Come on," Seven insisted, "Don't you want to know why V would put you through all of this. Plus, I know you've been stir crazy. We should go out and get to the bottom of this. Maybe we can even lead the police to them. Come on guys."