Chapter 12: Kuro Rests

.You lay on the floor panting hard. You wanted to throw up and you felt dizzy. You slowly began feeling better as you stared at the beautiful pictures of mythical beings that graced the ceiling. You felt terrible and felt unreasonably glad that no one could see you like that. You looked at the other two and decided that they looked just as bad as you. The adrenaline of the run had left the three of you and you were all exhausted.

Finally, you managed to pull yourself into a sitting position and gasped out, "Kuro. What about Kuro?"

Searan was already up at this point, stretching after the run to make sure he wouldn't seize up later. You were actually pretty surprised by the foresight he had.

"He'll be fine," Searan said, finishing his stretches in a few deft movements. "He's a cat. He'll be back, no problam."

You bit you lip nervously but nodded, trying to trust the white haired man that you loved so much.

"In the meantime," Searan said, holding out an arm to you as Seven used one of the dragon statues to get off the floor. "Would you care to join me in the library?"

You smiled and felt comforted in that simple act. "I would love to," you said, standing up and taking his arm.

"I'll just be the third wheel, then," Seven grumbled, rubbing his legs a little.

Searan surprised you as he moved closer to Seven and held out and arm to the hacker. "Would you like to join us, too, m'lady?" he asked with a mischievous look in his eyes and a laugh in his voice. You could have sworn that, in that moment, the trickster dragon smiled wider.

"Of course I would," Seven simpered as he took his brother's arm. It seemed that all was forgiven in that moment and the two boys seemed to decide to be brothers again.

You giggled as Searan said, "Let's be off, then," in his most knightly voice. The three of you walked into the library and you realized how quiet it was. You wondered why the library had been open after closing hours as there was no one to be seen. You just assumed that Kuro had something to do with it as he always did.

The other two had started up a banter as easily as any twin pair should be able to and Seven finally said, "So, all is forgiven."

"All is forgiven," Searan said. It was all so much easier than any of you imagined, including Searan. It seemed that the two of you had succeeded in convincing Searan of what actually happened. In your excitement you hugged the man's arm tighter.

"Thank you," Seven said quietly and the three of you came to the reading area. You chose a large, comfortable chair to sit in, coaxed Searan to sit next to you, and said to Seven, "So, god Seven. What exactly are you planning for that thumb drive there?"

"I'm going to shut Minteye down for good," Seven said with a vicious excitement in his eyes. "I can use the information here to send the police a well rounded report about Minteye and everyone will discover that Rika isn't really dead. That snake won't be able to hurt anyone ever again." Seven glanced at Searan as he said this with such a protective look in his eye that you almost felt bad for Rika. But, after a moment, you got over it.

"Good," Searan said. You could sort of see Rei in his eyes but, anymore, Rei had melted into Searan, making Searan softer and kinder but he was still angry enough to enjoy seeing Rika's downfall. "I can't wait." He bowed his head a little and said, "I just can't believe I didn't see it before."

"That's what you get for being angry with your big brother," Seven said, trying to sound like an expert on this subject.

"Two minutes!" Searan said in that annoyed younger twin way. "Two minutes older and you never shut up about it!"