Chapter 7: Kuro Sleeps

You woke up in a panic. You were scared. Why were you scared? Where were you? What was going on? You were hungry, the floor was hard, and you wanted to whine loudly to anyone within hearing until they gave you more comfort and some food just to shut you up.

The room you were in was dark and empty with the only light coming from the gap under the door and the only other object was a person that you felt you should recognize. You were positioned in a corner. You regretted everything when you tried to sit up. You were very dizzy and very angry as events started to flit through your mind. Angry mostly because if you stopped being angry and scalding the air with curses you would have to start being scared. Scared out of your mind, in fact.

You heard a groan from the other person in the room. You withdrew to your corner and said fiercely, "Who's there?! Be warned, I'm not afraid to bite your throat out."

"What a greeting," came Seven's voice as he sat up stiffly in the darkness. "I go to rescue me, get knocked unconscious and wake up to find me threatening me with violence. What's going on? Am I to believe that you were the one that kidnapped me?"

"No. No. Seriously. I didn't. I have no idea where we are. I was drugged and I passed out," you said, trying to bite down your fear.

"I got hit in the head with something," Seven groaned and rubbed his head, leaning against a wall. "May I come over there? Without getting my throat bitten out, I mean."

"Sure," you said with an almost laugh. He started to crawl along the wall carefully, weaving enough to let you know he was very dizzy and probably unable to think very well because of a concussion.

"You really are spending too much time with Kuro if the first thing you think of to say is a death threat," Seven finally said after panting to catch his breath for a moment. He leaned over you, pulling you into his arms when he said you were shaking with fear.

"I thought it sounded pretty good if I say so myself," you said as you look around again. There was nothing interesting about the empty room so you looked up into Seven's face. He looked like he was in a lot of pain and his hair was matted with dirt and blood. He had some blood dried on his cheek and he looked tired and worried.

"I thought you were sounding pretty proud of it," Seven said, trying to force a smile.

You smiled a little and stuck out your thumb in from of Seven's face and said demandingly, "Lick."

Confused, Seven licked your thumb and you proceeded to wipe the dried blood from his face. Seven smiled and nodded. He touched your arm and jumped when you winced as he touched a bruise there.

"Sorry," Seven said, "What do we do now?"

"Try the door?" you suggested, standing up and reaching for the doorknob handle before Seven could protest. You rattled the doorknob as you realized it was locked.

"Gosh dang it," you breathed. "It's locked."

"No, duh," Seven said sarcastically. "Are you sure you're okay, though."

"Of course," you said, biting your lip as Seven slowly stood up, dusting off his pants and jacket. "Honestly, I'm more worried about Kuro than mysel-" you gasped as the door slammed open.

You stepped back so fast you tripped, falling into Seven's arms. The both of you stood there, starting at the man that had just entered the room.

The man wore a red tank top covered by a black jacket which was drooping off one arm revealing a tattoo on his shoulder and creeping down one arm. He wore a double choker around his throat. His hair was white with pink ends and his eyes...you knew those mint colored eyes even though they looked like the eyes of a different person.