Chapter 11: Kuro Escapes

"What's going on," Seven said, jumping back. "Why are the sirens going off?"

It appears that this was something of a trap. You looked down and you were delighted to see Kuro standing near your feet. I believe that Rika must have set this up as a test for Searan. Looks like you failed this one and I don't think there are going to be any bonus points handed out.

"But," Searan exclaimed and I could see Rei's fear in his eyes. "Rika trust me! Why would she doubt me after so many years.

Because there was pretty girl involved as well as your brother. And before you can interject, Y/N, you are pretty. Unfortunately, we cannot carry on this conversation. We need to get out of here quickly. There are idiots coming as we speak.

With that, Kuro started off and he had no choice but to follow as we could hear shouts and running footsteps at this point. Apparently, Kuro knew exactly how to get to a perfect entrance because he stalked confidently down the halls. He was also a perfect guide because we never saw a living person, though we did hear them sometimes but Kuro always seemed cool and uncaring.

This way. It's going to get tricky here and you have to stay silent. Kuro wrenched the cover off a duct with a strength that could not lie within his small feline frame. He leapt into the hole in the wall and began padding off through the conduit, making no sound at all.

You were the first to follow, implicity trusting this cat that you had lived with you for the past few months. The other two followed just to make sure you were okay and to keep you in sight.

You soon found out why you had to be quiet. It wasn't long until you suddenly heard a voices coming through the vents. You picked up your knees higher and tried to be much more quiet. You suddenly realized that the voice was Rika's and her ecoey rage was very apparent.

"What do you mean you lost them?" Rika shouted. "They can't have gone far! There is no way that they could escape or find their way home if they did manage to make it out! FIND THEM! NOW!"

You almost jumped at the anger in that last syllable. You managed to keep going and, after what felt like an eternity, and, finally, Kuro looked through a vent and nodded. He popped the screen out quickly with his strange strength. He jumped out and you followed him out through the hole and into a room full of computers. The others followed you out and they seemed confused that they were now free.

Alright, Geek. Kuro sat on a desk next to a computer and watched Seven through those cat slitted eyes. Do what you have to do.

Seven almost objected to being called a geek by a cat but closed his mouth and started on the computer. He broke into it, almost by looking at it, and he was soon downloading information about Minteye, maps of the fortress, and you glimpsed a few things about Searan.

Hurry. Kuro flicked his tail impatiently as we watched a loading bar fill up with color slowly. The loading finished quickly and you all sighed quietly in relief. You had been sure that someone was going to walk in before it was done loading.

"Let's get out of here," Seven said, shoving the thumbdrive deep in his pocket before following Kuro back into the vents.

You followed and Searan took up the rear. Kuro led us through the tunnel and it wasn't so long until you felt a breeze and, after breaking another grate and wall around it so we would fit, the four of you slid through to the outside world.

There weren't any sounds except for the rustling of the foliage and the birds. You could tell by the smell of the air that you were on a mountain but you weren't allowed to dwell on the fact for long because Kuro was already walking down the path. Hurry then. We still don't want to be caught.