Chapter 15: Kuro Hesitates

The plan was that Seven would leak to V where you where or, more specifically, where you were going to be. Rika would then find out through V and you could set up a trap for the snake. You were going to go into the forest, away from the innocents that could get hurt, and set up a camp. You would wait for Rika to come to you and then go from there. It was a pretty simple plan and open for interpretation at Kuro's request.

Towards the coming hours of the plan, Searan started to get more and more nervous. He didn't like the idea of being anywhere near Rika. He didn't want to end up in her beautiful hands again. You couldn't help but agree with the white haired male.

Kuro looked like he couldn't wait to end all of this, even if that did mean he would have to leave. You guessed that this would just mean to him that you were safe and that was really all he wanted while the dragons didn't seem to notice the growing tension. Honey just kept sleeping and acting cute while Buddha made a nuisance of himself. The silver dragon had taken up the hobby of collecting socks. But only the left ones.

Seven finally went to one of his many closets and pulled out several guns. He packed a duffle with those as Searan grabbed lots of food.

"Let's go," Seven declared, slinging the guns on his shoulder and snapping for Buddha to turn into the pendant form we had discovered. Searan grabbed the bags of food and bedding, handing you a few, before following Seven, Honey around his neck, to the cars. You were once again surprised. There were lots of cars in the garage. Many of them were sleek race cars but some of the were top of the line all terrain vehicles. Kuro leapt into the one that Seven was loading and, after handing the bags you carried to the boys, you joined him.

Seven climbed into the front as Searan sat next to you, a comforting arm around your shoulders. You suddenly wondered as you looked out the window if this was a good idea. What if this got you all killed. What if Searan wasn't killed and he was taken back to Minteye? What if you were the cause of their deaths? You shivered as you contemplated this thought and decided you wanted to die before something like that happened.

Seven drove the car out of town and the four of you stopped at a very scenic location. Seven hid the car a little before the group of you traveled a little deeper into the woods, following Kuro who, once again, seemed to know where he was going. You started to feel spooked and jumped at every sound. The twins let the dragons out and it helped to lighten the atmosphere.

Finally, you stopped in a clearing and stood, silent. All of you were listening, wondering if that ghostly snake had managed to somehow know where you were going and set a trap for you.

They're not here yet. Settle down.

You rubbed your arm nervously as the other two started setting up the clearing. You shook your head and started setting up the bedding while Seven started a fire. You had to make the story of camping out in the woods after escaping convincing.

Searan walked around the clearing, clomping down the grass strategically to make it look like your group had been there a while.

"Wait," you said, suddenly remembering something. "Are you sure it wouldn't be safer if we went back to the city?"

"I'm sure," Seven said, "Rika will underestimate us if we were foolish enough to hide out here after having made it to the city. Those men would be sure to tell Rika that were there and Rika would know that we know that. She will think we're scared if we come out here and hide after being startled like that. And, anyway, I don't want to have terrified innocents underfoot while we do this. We might end up killing her and that could get messy with other people around."

You nodded reluctantly before smoothing out bundles again. The birds chattered suddenly before falling silent in the evening air. The dragons' heads came up and they hummed uncomfortably.