Chapter 5

Zara's POV

I woke up to screaming and yelling. I ran downstairs and there was a guy slapping around my mother and Kaden was crying in the corner. "Where's my money" He said while slapping her once again. I got Kaden's attention and I signaled him to come here and he did.

"Go in the room and lock the door, Do not come out" He ran upstairs which made the guy look at me. He came over grabbed me and slammed  into the wall with his hand over my throat as I gasped for air.

I kneed him in the crotch and grabbed the nearest weapon. But I only found a vase so I improvised. I crashed the vase onto his head making him pass out. My mother who was too weak to stand was crying. I went upstairs and called the cops. They came and arrested the man. I took Kaden to my grandmoms house which was around the corner and I went to school.

I can't believe I just did that. I could've went to jail but it was self defense. Knowing my mom She's gonna make me stay at my grandmom's house. If she's not I'm not. My mom showed me today that she can't protect herself.

When I walked into to school all the girls were talking about these to new boys at our school. I can't wait to graduate. I went past the main office and smelled something familiar. It smelled like that wolf I saw that night. But a wolf can't possibly be in the main office. I looked and just saw some guy and Natalie. So I just walked to my home room.

I started getting frustrated because that smell was all I could think about it was getting stronger and stronger. Why can I smell so proficiently it's confusing. I pulled out my notebook and started drawing that stupid wolf. I didn't realize I was writing so hard so I ripped that paper out. Then I messed up again and I ripped it out.

That smell was back but again it was just that guy from the office and sat in front of me. But I didn't look up I was still drawing. "Hi" he said. There goes that damn smell again. I shot my head up and looked at him "What cologne is that" Nearly yelling. Making everyone jump except for him. "What cologne" he said. I sighed and got back to drawing. " What happened to your neck". I grabbed my phone and got on the camera. There was marks from where the guy grabbed me. I looked at him and he looked angry yet sad at the same time." Nothing". "Bu--" he stammered. "Listen I don't know who you are but please just leave me alone". I grabbed my stuff and left the school. Today is just not a good day...

Don't forget to FOLLOW VOTE and COMMENT