Chapter 6

James POV

Crap I said in my head as the beautiful girl  ran out on me once again. I went to run after her but the bell rang and the Halls got crowded really quickly. Well if she's not going to be in school there's no point in me staying. I saw Landon who was flirting with a group of girls .As I walked pass I grabbed his collar and took him with me. "Byeee Landon" The girls said. Then we left.

"Dude come on I don't have a mate so  let me flirt" He said as we walked through the field. I ignored his whiny comment. My wolf was wimpering so loud in my head."What happened" he asked. "I pissed her off". The walk back was silent, I started processing everything that happened.

I realized that she didn't have a strong wolf smell. It was very vague. Which had me wondering either she's good at masking the smell of her scent or she's 17 and she hasn't phased yet. I have to find her. I have to make sure she knows. I need to be there for her. But how can I do that if she's not willing to give me the time of day.

While I was in my thoughts Landon stopped . "What". "James do you smell that, it's blood". We ran into the direction of the smell. We saw a Vampire. This wasn't my first encounter with a vampire. It was a vampire that killed my grandpa. The vampire wasn't killing the person it was making the person into a vampire. Landon phased and was about to charged but I stopped him when I realized that person was my mate.

I wanted to kill him. But sadly we couldn't Long ago there was a witch that put a curse on us. Vampire blood is poisonous to wolves. The Vampire looked up with a devilishly smile.

"Ahh what do we have here, two rookie wolves roaming our part of town" The vampire spoke. I growled with my eyes flashing yellow. "That's your mate" Landon said through our mind link. I replied with a stern"yes". "Let me introduce myself I'm Orien" He said walking slowly towards us, I growled loudly.

"Did you know her" Orien asked. "Why are you doing this" Landon cut him off. "I need an army, and when she transitions, I'll come for her" He said before he ran out of woods. "Good thing she's a werewolf" Landon said jokingly which made me very angry. He saw me getting angry so he went to pick up my mate and bring her to me. I held her and said "She didn't phase yet she's only 17" . "What does this mean for her" He asked this time more serious. "I wish I knew"....