9: WTF

No one has ever liked me before. Not that I know of, but I'm 99% percent sure no one actually has. I was always the type to get friendzoned immediately. So, at one point I just gave up on liking anyone and I lost any hope of anyone ever liking me. Then, everything escalated when my dad died and I lost all my 'friends'. I became too closed off, too unfriendly, too snobby as they said, too careless...But they didn't know the struggles I had to deal with. So I completely gave up on people. I have to admit, I missed contact with people, I didn't like being so lonely, but at the same time I enjoyed my alone time. Which doesn't mean being lonely is the same thing. I wanted to be alone but I didn't like feeling lonely. I was jealous when I saw friends laughing together, but I didn't try to make friends again. I lost all trust in people. But, with time I realized maybe not all people were bad, then I was proved wrong and now I think the same again. I found people that actually want me around and now maybe even like me. I still can't get it in my head that someone liking me can happen. Why? Why would they like me? I don't understand.

Classes ended today and I managed to escape lunchtime and hide. I don't like confrontation and I don't know what I would say to them. I can't look them in the eye now. I know I can't do this forever and that time ends when finally, just after I shut the lights to sleep Trevor comes into our room and turns them on.

"I was trying to sleep." I state.

"Where were you all day?" He looks annoyed. Of course he does idiot. What else did you expect?

"Around." I say.

"Oh, don't give me that bullshit Ash. I know you pretty well by now, so I'm guessing you were hiding from us?" Bullseye.

"And what if I was?" I try and act brave, when my heart is actually beating out of my chest.

"Why would you do that?" His expression softens into a sad one.

"Because..." I can't say it.

"Ash...come on, you know we won't say anything. Why are you so scared of us?" I'm not scared of you, I'm scared of what I'd do.

"It's not that. It's...nothing." I can't tell.

"Have it your way. Just know that you shouldn't be afraid to act yourself around us." He turns off the lights and after some shuffling he's asleep too.

"Motherfucking piece of fucking elephant shit." Elliot barges in the room yelling.

"Colourful." I turn from my book to see him.

"What happened?" Trevor exits the bathroom with a toothbrush in his mouth.

"My parents happened." He huffs.

"Wait lemme finish brushing my teeth and you'll tell me what's up." Trevor says and rushes into the bathroom then comes out a few seconds later. I'm interested in what Elliot has to say but I stay with my head in my book.

"Spit it."

"They found out about the party and Emilia decided to drag me into it too and now we're both grounded."

"How did they find out? And how are you grounded? You live here."

"Well, a lot of people including Emilia had fun in the rooms and looks like she forgot to clean everything out. My parents found a condom in their room's trashcan. And my parents being the powerful people they are made me switch rooms for a whole month. So this month, my room will be room number 001."

"What the hell?! They just signed you up for hell month man. I'm sorry."
Now I'm intrigued. I think that room is right next to the entrance of the dorm part of the school. But I don't know what's so bad about it.
I turn on the spinning chair and grab both their attention.

"Why is room 001 so bad?"

"I forgot you existed there for a second Ash." Elliot says to which Trevor nods and laughs.

"Yeah, yeah. Now tell me."

"Well, there's a story behind that room. Because it's the first room built here it's very old and they say that even though it's the first room no one has ever been inside. From what few brave ones have heard at night, it seems like the room is haunted. Some have heard a voice while passing it, they've heard noises and once, they say a boy peeked through the keyhole and he saw a boy appear and creepily smile at him." Trevor explains and I have to admit I feel spooked.

"But...they're all just stories, right?" I gulp.

"Oh shit, is Ash actually scared?" Elliot nudges Trevor and they both snicker.

"N-no I'm not." Yeah Ash, with the stuttering they'll surely believe you.

"It's okay man. We all are kinda scared." Trevor admits.

"You're not actually gonna sleep there are you Elliot?" I ask him.

"Absolutely not. That's why I came here. I wanted to ask if I could sleep here this month." He looks at Trevor and I with an innocent smile.

"Yeah, dude."

"No, there's no room." Both Trevor and I say at the same time. Guess which one I said.

"Oh, come on Ash. I can sleep on the floor. Anywhere but in that room." I just ignore him and turn back to my book. It's not that he can't find room, it's just that I don't want him to be in the same room as me. Like it isn't enough one guy that may possibly like me sleep in the same room as me, but two... No way in hell. I'm not doing that to myself.

Elliot stands up and reaches for the chair spinning it around. He bends down so he's inches from my face and says, "I'll buy you lunch for the whole month. I owe you one meal already if you haven't forgotten, so why not make me buy you food for 30 more days huh?" Too close. Abort mission.

"Find. Another. Room." I push at his chest and stand up.

"But you two are my best buds, come on, please." He grabs me by the biceps and shakes me gently. Best bud my ass.

"I'll torture you for the rest of your time here if you don't let me." So he sees the good way isn't working and now switches to threats? Two can play at that game.

"I'll make sure you stay in room 001 forever." I bite back.

"Oh, is that so?" He lets go and puts on a challenging smirk instead. He takes a step closer and I step back.

"This is so interesting guys. Please keep going." Trevor says and I turn to see him sitting in a cross-legged position with his head held by his hands. Like a child watching a cartoon.

"What if I do something much," he steps closer again and I bump into a wall, "much more worse?" He places his hand on my cheek and with bis thumb he touches my lower lip. He looks so good. He stares at me and breathes slowly. I gulp but don't move. I can't move. It's like I'm frozen in place.

"Have you changed your mind?" He whispers. I nod absentmindedly.

"So I can stay?" He lowers his hand, now placing in on my chest.

"Y-yes." I barely mutter out. Suddenly he does a 360 turn and giggles.

"Thanks."

"Wait what?" I snap out of my trance.
No,no,no. What did I do? No, shit, no.

"Wait, no. You can't stay." I finally move from my spot next to the wall.

"No take backs. You said yes." He saunters to the bed and graciously lays down.

"Trevor?!" I ask for help.

"Sorry man. I saw the whole scene and you did say yes. Btw, that looked so hot." What is this foolish weiner saying?

"What the fuck? I can't stand you. Both of you." I huff, pick up my cigarettes and earphones and storm out of the room.

Yeah, I'm such a fucking liar. I want to be around them but I can't let that happen. They surely don't like me and I'm just taking everything out of proportion. They're both just jokesters and found their next target. I'm an easy one at that. They want that cat and mouse game I'm giving them. But, as much as it pains me to admit, I like it. I like their company and they haven't done anything bad so far. No, they're just waiting for the perfect moment. I don't know what goes on in their minds but I'd love to find out so I can fix all this.