27: Meeting the family

What I like most about weekends is that you can sleep as long as you want.

That's why I feel all bright and refreshed when I wake up and see the time is 3:30 pm. And I'm the first one awake. I scratch my head and crack a few bones in my arms as I stretch. Elliot is sleeping in the weirdest position on the ground, arms and legs all tangled between the blanket, his pillow far from his head and body halfway off of the improvised bed made out of another blanket. I move my head up and see Trevor also sleeping soundly but unlike Elliot he is curled in a ball with his left cheek mushed against his hand under it. Adorable. I decide not to wake them up and I slowly walk into the bathroom. I finish my morning routine and when I'm back in the room I see Trevor standing and rubbing his eyes and Elliot is fake crying as he lays down.

"What's with him?" I say and point my head to Elliot.

"I woke him up." Trevor says as he pads off into the bathroom.

"I want to sleep all day." Elliot groans and scrunches up his face.

"A lot of sleep isn't good either Elliot. So, get washed, dressed and let's go have breakfast." He lazily stands up and with a scowl walks out of the room after saying, "Wait for me in front of your room."

I take the chance while I'm alone to get dressed myself as I slip on a random black, long sleeved t-shirt and dark denim jeans. A moment later Trevor walks in.

"Did he go to his room?"

"Yeah. We'll wait for him to go to have breakfast." I sit down on my bed.

"What are we gonna do today?" Trevor asks as he looks around his clothes trying to find something to wear.

"Dunno. But we still have to study so yeah."

"Ugh. We gotta find something better to do." He gets dressed in a checkered shirt with black skinny jeans and puts on a washed up denim jacket on as well.

"Later. Let's go eat now."

We don't wait for Elliot much and head to eat. It's too late for breakfast now, so we actually eat something off the lunch menu served here. We chat between bites and when we finish, we head back to our room and study, not finding anything better to do. That doesn't last more than an hour though because just like the two, I too am sick and tired of it.

"I can't do this anymore." I say and close all my books displayed on my bed.

"Same. So, what should we do?" Elliot says and looks at Trevor and I but Trevor is too caught up in texting to hear him.

"Trevor?" I ask. He raises his head up and grins.

"I know what to do." He says. Elliot and I look at him expectedly. "I was just texting my mom and asked her if we could go there. So, wanna go to my house?"

"I wanna. Ash?" I do want to but I feel very nervous. Those are his parents. I'm his boyfriend. I'll be meeting his parents.

"Don't worry Ash, my moms are chill." Wait...

"Moms?" I ask.

"Yeah. They're cool so don't worry about that 'meeting the parents' shit." Too late but if he says so then I guess I shouldn't worry.

"Okay then. Let's go."

The ride is almost as long as it was to Elliot's house, a little bit longer. We get off at a nice neighborhood, in front of a normal, two story house. Painted white, small grassy front yard and a garden in front of the porch. I like it.

Trevor unlocks the door with his keys and once we get inside he yells, "Moms!!!" and not a second later a tall woman runs over and tackles Trevor.

"I've missed you so much Trev!" She kisses his cheeks repeatedly and smiles from ear to ear.

"Me too mom. Where's mom?" Trevor looks behind his mother.

"Bathroom. She'll be out in a sec." She rubs his shoulder. "Elliot!" She exclaims when she sees him next to me. She runs over to him and they hug as if they're best friends that haven't seen each other in a long time.

"Hey, Lisa." Lisa? Does he call her by her first name?... They must be close then, or she's just cool like Trevor said.

"And who's this Trevor?" She smiles my way. Before I can answer I see another woman walk in the room. My first impression of her is scary, she's tall and rather muscular, with short black hair and eyes just like Trevor's. She has a straight face, very emotionless. Trevor jumps to hug her too and in an instant her scowl is replaced with a bright smile.

"How are you baby? You look good, but it looks like you've lost weight. Have you been eating well?" She inspects his face and body and pokes his stomach. Trevor laughs in return.

"I have mom. Don't worry."

"Hello Elliot sweetie." She waves at Elliot and he goes over to her making a fist bump. "Hi April." I'm still very surprised in how close they all seem to be. I look very out of place.

"Moms, let me introduce you to Ash. My boyfriend." Wow Trevor, just throwing that information all of a sudden.

"H-hello. It's nice to meet you both." I try and smile as naturally as I can but I still feel very nervous. I feel like every movement of mine will be judged and I just know I'm making mistakes already. Both of them probably think I'm some antisocial brat. Which isn't far from reality, but I don't want to leave that impression.

"Oh sweetheart don't be so shy. Come over let me give you a hug." Lisa says and opens up her arms. I gulp and slowly walk over until she throws her arms around me. She smells like fresh laundry, which sounds weird but it's nice. It's that flowery smell which I love. It reminds me of my mom because she always smells like that.

I hug her back by awkwardly placing my hands on her back.

She pulls back and giggles as she looks at me. "Trevor, how did you find such a sweet boy. Look at him." She pinches my cheek. I immediately redden.

"Hey Lisa I'm sweet too." Elliot whines.

"Oh shut up you. You're a loud one." She tells him as Elliot puts a hand to his chest and gasps.

"He found me. He's the roommate I told you about." Trevor says.

"You told them about me?" I accidentally say out loud and clasp a hand against my lips right after.

"Of course. I don't hide anything from them." Oh. I wonder all the things he's said about me.

"Hello Ash, I'm April." His mother walks to me and offers her hand for me to shake. I do so but I know my hands are sweaty from the stress. I'm just completely acing this first impression thing, aren't I?

"My wife's name is Lisa. And please call us by our first names. Don't be shy." She's not so scary anymore. I judged her by her appearance but now I see that I shouldn't have, she's nice.

"Come now boys, I made cookies." Lisa says and motions for us to follow her.