Chapter 14

The sound of an alarm going off really loud somewhere, had me cursing mentally as it woke me up. I had a splitting headache that was for sure. I could feel my pulse or veins drumming in the side of my head.

Groaning lightly with my eyes still closed, I stretched my hand over to my side table to turn the alarm off. As I tried hitting the off button on the clock, I realized I couldn't locate the damn thing. I tapped my hand across the table once again with eyes still closed, only for my hand to be met with complete emptiness.

"Ugh! Seriously?" I mumbled reaching out again for the alarm. "Where is it?"

I almost had a heart attack when I felt the bed dip behind me and heard a male groan before the alarm went off. Letting out a frightened scream, I tried scrambling away only for me to fall off the bed and landed right on my butt.

"Oww!" I groaned as my butt collided with the hard floor.

"Shit!" I heard the male voice curse.

"What the hell?" I mouthed in confusion, my eyes wide with fright.

"Lorraine? Are you okay?" I heard the male voice ask.

I know that voice.

"What? Uhm... Luca?" I asked in confusion after looking up and seeing him peering over at me. "What are you doing here? Wait, no, what am I doing here? Where is here? W-what happened?"

"Let me help you up?" Luca said as he came over to help me up from the floor.

"Hey, are you alright?"

"Yeah, I think so," I mumbled as I got up. "Except for the splitting headache that I've got now and my butt that feels like it is now broken."

"I'm sorry about that."

"Is this your place?" I asked as I looked around at the room.

"Yeah, this is my penthouse suite." he nodded with a response.

"Oh," I nodded. "It's really nice. So last night? I honestly don't remember much. I remember being at the club then... I honestly can't remember much after that."

"After we left the club we came straight here. I think we chatted some more for a couple of hours. I offered you some wine and then we both passed out on the sofa after a couple of hours." Luca informed me. "I woke up in the hours of the morning and brought you in here with me."

"Oh. It's a serious miracle that I didn't die of alcohol poisoning or something. I usually don't drink like that ever. I'm not a person who drinks but Lorana- my sister, she convinced me to live a little since I wasn't working and now I've got this splitting headache and I feel like I'm going to puke
my gut out."

"I'll go get you some Tylenol or Advil," Luca says before disappearing into the ensuite bathroom. He then returned with a bottle of painkillers. "Tylenol."

"Thanks." I smiled as he opened the bottle and throw two pills into my palm.

"So, last night... Nothing else happened right?" I asked Luca hesitantly.

Even though I was still wearing my dress and everything from last night, and I didn't think Luca and I slept together, I still couldn't be sure if anything else had happened.

"What do you mean?" Luca chuckled.

"I mean anything else besides us drinking and then passing out?"

"I told you everything I remembered," Luca said to me. "But I doubt anything else happened because if it did then I'm sure you would have remembered. Your body would have been able to tell. Don't worry, nothing happened."