Chapter 24

Lorraine's Point of View

"Okay,  so now I am officially curious." Nicole asked me when she came into my office and saw me lounging around in my swivel chair.

"Hey Nicki. What's up?" I smiled as I sat up.

"I want to know what it is that you are on. " Nicki responded with a knowing smile.

"What do you mean?" I chuckled.

"What I mean is that you have done two 2 hours surgeries, a couple consultations and you still seem to be on top of your game. " Nicole took a seat opposite to me. "Right now you look as if you are ready for a few more operations,  while I am so beat. I feel physically, mentally and emotionally drained. What is your drug?"

"Oh hun, you just need a good night's rest." I smiled at her. "A good night's sleep after a warm shower, trust me, it works like a charm."

"Really, is that what you are on?" Nicole snorted while holding back a smile. "You are in an extremely awesome mood. I would say you are on a high or something. You must be really dosed up on something."

"Yeah maybe. Some Vitamin D." I said to her seriously before I burst out laughing.

"Vitamin D? What?" Nicole asked as she started laughing with me even though she still seem to have no idea why I was so amuse or caught on on the innuendo.

"What has gotten into you? You are so much carefree today?"

"Nicole, I am feeling fantastic today. " I laughed. "Must be that Vitamin."

"A vitamin is making you feel that good? Wow, maybe I should get some. "

"But I thought you get your Vitamin D regularly. " I couldn't help the cheeky grin on my face.

"What are talking. Do you... Oh! Wait? Do you mean? Oh my God! Lorraine!" The minute Nicole caught on to my innuendo, we both started laughing loudly again. "Are you serious? Vitamin D as in Luca?"

"Mhmm." I nodded holding back the grin.

"Oh my God. That is awesome. When?" Nicole seemed more excited for me than I was.

"This morning," I told her."I slept over last night and then this morning it just sort of happened. "

"Lor, I am so excited for you." Nicole laughed. "It is about time."

"I can see and I know right." I laughed back.

Nicole and I were like two teenagers once again sharing secrets and giggling.

"So?" Nicole asked me expectantly.

"So what?" I asked feigning ignorant. I knew exactly what she was asking me.

"So am I going to get any form of details?" Nicole playfully swat me.

"Well, I don't really know, Nicki. " I shrugged with a smirk. "Good girls do not kiss and tell. But of you must know, everything was absolutely amazing."

********************************
Luca's POV

I might have messed up. My father warned me about something like this but still shit happens. This was exactly the reason why I did not want to be involved in this mafia lifestyle any at all. When you are a part of that shit, you have to make certain sacrifices. Sacrifices that I was clearly not ready to make.

Ever since Lorraine and I started dating, it has been one of the most stress free and amazing things that happened to me for quite sometime. However, I had been trying to keep my relationship with her 'not so public '. I didn't want to risk any possible threat or danger coming to her.  I did not even mention to my father or Marco who I was dating because of how paranoid I was about someone possible wanting to hurt Lorraine.