Chapter 25

Here is a double update just because I had some free time on my hand. Hope you like it 😘

Lorraine's POV

It could be paranoia, or I could be right but there was a change in Luca and I's relationship ever since that morning. I wasn't crazy though, I'm sure of that. But I've noticed that Luca have been distance ever since. I thought that after we've been intimate that things were more serious now. I thought we'd be even closer now but apparently not.

It's been over two weeks since, and I've only seen Luca twice since. And both times I had been the one to show up at his place.  The phone calls have been decreased as well. Usually Luca would call me ever so often checking up on me or being sweet, but it was like that has changed as well. No spontaneous visits to my office,  or offer to cook dinner at my place or anything like before. I didn't think much of it until I realized that I was the one doing the most calls, and I started noticing the distance in Luca's voice and how quick he was to get me off the phone.

I tried not thinking too much about it,  that Luca was a busy guy and that he was just preoccupied at the moment. But I've seen this type of behavior before. I've seen it in back in high school as well. The girl put out and then the guy moves on. I just didn't think that Luca was that type of guy or that immature, but I know that something was up. He was acting different and it wasn't my paranoia.

With everything that's been going on, I almost forgot that my family was coming over to spend the weekend with me. My parents, Lorana and my brother- in- law and my niece. It was yesterday when they informed me that they were on the way, that it came back to me. Even though I had the spare rooms clean, I had to inform Marilyn to prepare the rooms and dinner for them.

I even took the weekend off just to be with my family for the entire weekend. Everyone was just excited to meet Luca,  the guy who managed to find his way back into my heart after Stuart's dilemma. They were happy that I had found someone after Stuart cheated and broke my heart. I had practically sworn off guys and dating, well until I met Luca and decided to give the dating thing another chance.

My mom was so excited that she suggested that she'd cook a huge dinner for us and we'd invite Luca over. But since they were the visitors and we haven't gone out in a while, I decided that we should go out for a special dinner. Instead of cooking, we'd get the opportunity to just order what we wanted and be treated instead. I didn't know if Luca had plans before seeing as how he seemed so busy of late. So I decided to call him.

"Hey, Lorraine what's up?" Luca answered after the phone after the second ring.

"Luca, hi. How are you?" I asked feeling awkward for some reason.

"I'm good. And you?"

"I'm good too." I responded.  "I haven't seen you in a while. "

"Yeah. That's true.  I've been a bit busy for the past few days. "

"I've realized that.  You've been scarce.

"Sorry about that. "

"It's okay." I smiled. "Uhm, do you have plans for later?"

"Uhm, not really. I'm not sure if something might come up with work, but for now I don't think so. Why?" Luca asked.

"Well, my family is in town. My parents, my sister, brother in law and my niece." I told him. "Everyone is kind of really excited to meet you.  And we're going out for dinner tonight at six at Awesome Bites restaurant. I would like if you could make it. "

"To meet the family?" Luca sounded a bit hesitant.

"Yeah. Is it too soon? If it is then you don't..." I started to tell him to forget about it when he cut me off.