Chapter 30

Lorraine's POV

Hanging out with Alexei or Nicole on my free time and busying myself with my work, had really helped in taking my mind off Luca. Being occupied or having company most of the time had cause me not to overthink about my break up with Luca or anything like that. I wasn't going to lie and say that I was over him, but atleast I wasn't completely hung up on him.

I had started getting used to the idea of us not being together or close again, until he called me earlier. I was surprised to hear from him. He had apparently called to check up on me, but then I started suspected that there was more. He wanted to know how I was doing, if I was hanging out with someone new and telling me to be careful and all those type of stuff. He wanted to know how I know that I could trust him and giving me a whole lecture.

I was honestly shocked, I didn't think Luca would be the jealous exboyfriend type, but his curiosity and concern gave me that vibe. He didn't say it straight out but I got that feeling. I didn't want to be rude to him or anything so I told him thanks for the concern but I can handle myself. But in reality, I really wanted to tell him that he had no right telling me who I can or cannot hang out with. He broke up with me, hence he lost that right.

I thought that was it for the jealous exes for the day, until I coincidentally ran into my ex fiance Stuart. I haven't seen or heard from him in months, not after the day when Luca had came to my rescue when he was annoying me in the park. I  was waiting for Alexei out a Pizza joint when Stuart came up to me. It was officially, today was the day of the exes.

"Lorraine, you look great. " Stuart smiled at me.

"Thanks. " I shrugged awkwardly.

I had zero interest in talking to him or acting friendly and chummy with him.

"I haven't seen you in forever. How have you been?" He decided to stop and try starting a conversation with me.

"Great." I nodded, hoping he would just get the message that I do not wish to talk and wanted to be left alone.

"So, Lorraine you busy right now? I was thinking that maybe we could..."

"Hey, sorry to keep you waiting." Alexei arrived just in time to save me.

"Hey, no it's okay. You're right on time." I smiled gratefully as he arrived.

Stuart being the stupid ass he was cleared his throat. Causing both Alexei and I to look back at him.

"Oh, hey man. Didn't see you there." Alexei said to him.

"And you are?" Stuart asked sounding a bit bitter.

"Alexei. " Alexei held out his hand to Stuart. "And you are?"

"Stuart. Her fiance. "

"Her what now?" Alexei's eyes bulged out of his head in shock.

"Whoa, Whoa, Stuart. Hold up, you really need to stop.  That was a long time ago and you need to stop telling people that now. " I needed to set the record straight.

"Wait, you guys were engaged?" Alexei looked between Stuart and I.

"Yeah, so what is the relationship between you two?" Stuart pointed between Alexei and I.

"None of your business Stuart. Alexei you want to go inside now?" I looked at him expectantly hoping he would get my silent message.

"Yeah, yeah sure." Alexei nodded before walking to the door and opening it for me.

"Bye Stuart. " I said to him as I headed for the door.

"I'll see you around some other time then." Stuart responded instead of further causing a scene or making a bigger fool out of himself.