Chapter 26

My days and nights off from work had became lonely once again. I was back to my old routine, work, head home, drink wine and watch a few series. I came to realize that I had really started depending and looking forward to Luca and I's little conversations and moments over the phone. Now I didn't have much else to do other than work.

After Luca and I broke up that night,  the minute we were home and had some moment alone, Lorana found me. It was like she knew what had happened the second I had gone back to the table. I told her about what Luca said and she was there to comfort me and give the best advice that a sister could.

She tried to be there as much as she could before they had to leave back for home. And I was back to my old boring life. I even started taking longer shifts, just to take my mind off how pathetic my love life has been. I was convinced that I was cursed when it came on to relationships. I've been lied to, cheated on, dumped. My relationship statuses were trash. I tend to fall for the wrong guys, then whenever I think I've found a great guy, he breaks up with me.

Week one post break up: I swamped myself in work, spent most of my freetime talking to Nicole or my sister over the phone. I hadn't leave the house for any other reason except for work.

Week two post break up: I had performed over seventeen successful surgeries in a week. Discovered a new favorite bottle of expensive wine. Stopped at a car mart on my way to work and bought myself  a new car. Decided that my bedroom and kitchen needed a new interior design and spent my free time picking out the designs I liked and sending them back to my interior designer. I was just trying to do things that would keep my mind off how lonely I was.

I didn't think that you need a partner to be happy. I believed that one can be single and happy, but at the same time we were human. It was natural to occasionally miss the company and affection of another person.

I was an independent woman who enjoyed my own company but living alone and seeing everyone else having that significant other that they correspond with and have that connection, it made me wish that for once I could have a successful relationship.  After all, I was almost 28years old. Within less than a week I would be celebrating my birthday. Was it so bad that I would want to find the right guy and eventually settle down?

************************************
ROMANO'S ENEMIES POV

The five men gathered in their lair to discuss the situation with the Romano family. The five men all have a resemblance to each other - with equally sinful and wicked intentions.

There was the father- Vin, his two sons- Alexei and Hans, an uncle- Albert and his son- Ivan. They were the last remaining blood members of the Vladimir's family. All the others have lost their lives being involved in this life-this fight for survival. The very reason why the remainder of the family were determined to get back those who they believed tore their family apart.

"We've been following the doctor as you suggested." The youngest Vladimir son- Alexei informed.

"And?" The father asked impatiently.

"I don't think think she and Romano are involved romantically. "

"Same. " Ivan interjected.  "As far as I've seen, she was just his son's doctor. I think they kept in touch because of the boy."

"You think?" Albert asked incredulously before looking at his brother. "That's what we're doing now? We're going to go based on opinions?"

"I told you boys to figure out who are the closest and dearest people to the family and all you can report is you think?" Vin sounded upset.

They weren't making anymore progress in tearing apart the Romano family and their love ones. Ever since the son took over as don of the family,  the Romano seemed to gathered stronger alliances and more resources.  Their original plan which had been working over the years, have started to fail.