Chapter 32

"I don't understand." Lorraine said shakily as she continued driving.

"What don't you understand Lorraine? That you're in great danger?" I responded annoyed at the situation at hand.

"What you're saying is that you're a part of a mafia group, and Luca is also apart of another mafia group..."

"He is the leader of his family's mafia." I added. "The Italian mafia. "

"Luca is Italian?" Lorraine said in disbelief. "So what you're is that you're both apart of rival criminal organizations. And your family is out to get Luca's family and now what? Your brother and family are after me to do what? Kill me because I was with Luca!?"

"Precisely. Now just drive alright.  We need to buy time for your boyfriend to come get you."

"This is insane! So all this time you were setting me up then? And now I'm supposed to expect that you have a change of heart and want to save me!?"

"Look, I was born into this. My brother and my uncle drilled it into my brother and I and my cousin's brain from we were born that the Romano's are our enemies.  This war has been going on between our families for ages and it won't stop until me father and uncle gets their revenge."

"And what is that? Killing me? Or killing anyone related or is connected to Luca?" Lorraine practically screamed in frustration. "And what about when Luca meets us, what is going to happen then?"

"There is going to be a final war, there is no doubt about that."

"This is bullshit Alexei. This is crazy can't you see that! I don't know what stupid reason you guys for this war...this rivalry but is it worth many dying? What's going to happen when Luca does meet us? Your brother and your family are going to come by and then what? You guys try to kill each other? Or when Luca gets there then you have the upper hand to kill both of us then? Is that what's going to happen?"

"I don't know what's going to happen Lorraine. " I answered honestly. "I don't think Luca is coming alone. "

"What do you know then Alexei. If Luca meets us at wherever you're directing me to, and then your family shows up, are you just going to sit back and watch the entire thing play out in front of you? Are you going to take sides!?"

"I don't know what I'm going to do alright!" I yelled at her. "I didn't exactly forsee this happening now alright."

"Why did you even get close to me huh? You initially got closer to me just so you could find out if I was with Luca, so you can use me to get back at him? Alexei that's sick! I can't believe someone can be that evil! You all must have the devil riding on your backs to put innocent people through things like this."

"Lorraine, my father planned this alright. I just went ahead with it because I thought I had no choice, it was all I know. But then I got to know you and I realized that I don't want to follow my father's every command for the rest of my life. And you don't deserve this, I care about you alright. "

"Do you even know what the word care means!? You're sick Alexei,  you all are freaking sick and messed up in the head!" Lorraine screamed at me. "You,  your family and Luca too! You don't care about anyone but yourselves. "

"Look, I may have being a dumbass following my father for years but I do care. What I do know is that if I didn't care or wanted you dead or hurt,I  wouldn't have said shit alright. I would havejust delivered you hand wrapped to my father. And I dont know about your boyfriend but you say that he broke up with you abruptly,  maybe it is because he cares. I dont know what is going to happen but I want you to know that I am really sorry about everything."

************************************
Lorraine's POV

Everything that has happened since this afternoon came as a shock and was hell confusing. I was like a shell there trying to process everything and the new revelations that were made.
Luca and Alexei both being a part of the mafia and stuff. It was like everything finally started making sense. The rumors about Luca family,  what happened to his fiancee, his past employees and even Nicolo getting shot. And it was the same thing with Alexei. He turned up at the emergency room with a bullet wound to his shoulder and his sketchy behaviour that I ignored until now. Everything all became so clear to me now.

Everything was happening but it was as if it was apart of a movie or something. It was like I was apart of the incident in a movie scene. Alexei had instructed me to drive to a place that was apparently an apartment of his. When we got there is brother and cousin came a few minutes after, but just as they were threatening him to hand me over, Luca and a couple other guys showed up. It was like a violent scene in an action movie.

There was shouting, threats, then I was grabbed, tossed then somewhere along the line a physical fight broke out, the guns were out, shots fired, I was screaming. Then there was Alexei leaping in front of me, as a shot was fired, and everything after that, was a mystery to me. I was knocked to ground by Alexei's weight, and my head collided with the edge of a something that was behind me. Everything then faded as I lost consciousness.

Guys I know that this chapter may not be what you had expected. It is a bit rushed and poorly developed and written. I have just been having some block in terms of what to write or how to develop the scenes. But I still wanted to give you guys an update, so this is it.

Romano's Insignia is almost finished though. I have started a new story called 'Lavender: Revenge of Alpha et Feminam'. It is another action-romance with badass females, you guys should add it to your library or reading lists to see the updates.