Epilogue

September 1, 1941

Newt led his family along platform nine of King's Cross Station. They reached the barrier between platforms nine and ten and he motioned towards his son.

"Come on, Nick," he said. "You first."

Nicholas Scamander nodded. He reached up to push his messy, dark brown hair out of his brown eyes. Then he gripped the handle of his trolley and started towards the barrier. When he reached it he vanished.

Newt offered Tina his hand.

"Let's go."

Tina took his hand and they made their way to the barrier. When they reached it, they glanced around to make sure no one was watching and let themselves melt through the barrier to the platform on the other side.

They had arrived on platform nine and three-quarters. The Hogwarts Express sat on the tracks in front of them. Memories of school flooded Newt's mind as he looked at the scarlet engine before him. His step faltered.

Nick hesitated.

"Newt?" Tina murmured. "What's wrong?"

"He's remembering his time at school," Nick said softly. "Come on, dad." 

Newt shook himself and followed his son down the platform. They found an empty compartment and he hoisted Nick's trunk onto the train. He turned to join his wife and son on the platform.

"I'm scared," Nick said. "I don't like the thought of being so far from you. Especially since we're in the middle of a war."

Tina pulled him into a hug. "I know but it'll be fine. You'll--"

"Be safer at Hogwarts because Grindelwald isn't going to attack the school," Nick finished. "I know."

"And Dumbledore will be there to protect you," Newt added.

Nick stared up at his father. He looked so much like Tina with his dark hair and brown eyes. And he had her nose.

The boy laughed. "Mum thinks I look like you," he said. 

"How so?" he demanded.

"My curly, messy hair and freckles," he offered. "And she thinks I have your face shape."

Newt chuckled and pulled his son into a hug.

"I'm going to miss you, Nick," he said. "But I'm sure you'll be fine. You're a very smart boy."

"I'll miss you too," he said. He pulled away and glanced at the train.

"What if I don't make any friends? What if people don't like me because I'm different?" he asked. "Or what if people only want to be my friend because of who my parents are?"

"You'll be fine," Tina said gently. "There probably will be many people who will be like that but you'll know exactly why people want to be your friend and I'm sure you'll find at least one person who likes you for who you are. Okay?"

Nick nodded, his messy hair falling back into his eyes. A whistle blew and they realized it was time for him to go. He climbed onto the train the took a look around the platform.

"You might want to get out of here quickly, dad," he said solemnly. "People are beginning to realize who you are."

Newt laughed and gave his son one final hug.

"Bye, Nick."

"Bye, dad."

Tina also gave him a hug and pressed a kiss to his cheek. 

"I'll miss you too," the boy murmured. Then vanished into the train, appearing at a window. He waved at them as the train slowly began to pull away from the station.

Newt slipped an arm around his wife's waist. When they could no longer see the train, he turned to look at her. 

Tina let out a sigh. She looked exhausted.

"I guess we should go now," she murmured. "I've got to get back to the Ministry before any of my Aurors do anything rash." But she didn't move. She stayed where she was, still staring in the direction the train had gone.

Newt studied her. "He'll be fine, you know."

Tina finally tore her gaze away from where the train had been to look up at her husband.

"I know," she sighed. "But I can't help but worry. What if something did happen to him? I don't think I could handle losing anyone else. I mean, it still hurts every time I think about Queenie." She laughed softly. "Of course, it doesn't help that Nick reminds me so much of her."

Newt pulled her into a hug. "I know, but nothing is going to happen to him. Dumbledore will make sure of that. And besides, you'll always have me."

Tina sighed into Newt's chest. "You know, no matter what happens, there's one thing that I always know I'll be," she murmured.

Newt looked down at her. "And what would that be?"

Tina offered him a smile. 

"Safe in your arms."

A/N: And there we go. I hope you enjoyed this last chapter. Please vote and comment.

I really enjoyed writing this book and I'm really proud of myself for getting it done so quickly. My first book, Love is Patient, took forever to write. I'm kinda sad to see it end but I'm very happy to have finished it.

Luckily for you, even though this book is over, this story isn't. I've already begun work on a new book called A Moment in Time. It is a continuation of this book but it's more of a collection of short stories. As of right now, I haven't written any of the stories yet but there's already a chapter explaining what kind of stories will be in it. Please go check it out because I'm sure I'll have the first story up soon.

Thank you so much for reading my book and for all the support you gave while I was working on it. I honestly don't think I could have written it so quickly if it wasn't for you guys.

Have a good day!

Bye!