Chpater 35: Family II

"Are we talking about Patreo, oh how we all miss the prince," smiled Candice as she walked in to the yard, followed by the other three parents all of whom sat around.

"Yeah, young Patreo, whenever I see Almero alone, I think he is punishing himself for letting go of him," said Melissa holding Dylan close to her as they sat around. Abernathy patted Zenon.

"And when they were hiding, only I have known this so far, everyone thinks Patreo left, but the truth is I think Almero, on the brink of losing Patreo, realised his feelings for Patreo. But, as fate would have it, Almero's dad found out and he asked him to let the royal family collect Patreo. God, I have never seen Patreo cry till then. That day he was practically begging with the Arcari patriarch and he looked at Almero and asked a question. For someone who grew up with him, I know them well enough. It broke Patreo," said Daniel.

"What was it?" asked Zenon.

"He looked at Almero and asked 'Are you going to let them take me?' and Almero walked inside without a word. And Patreo turned and willingly left with his family. He was married off. Then, a year later, the highness killed Patreo's husband. The man had been abusing him and almost killed him. He was supposed to come back with the highness but then he went missing. And it has been twenty-four years since then. You came into his life, a year later and a year after that, I and Daniel left," said Eliza.

"Did Dad have a betrothed?" asked Zenon.

"He did. He rejected her and well, I don't know how much of your grandfather you remember, he was regretful of his actions towards Patreo because Almero never spoke a word to him after that day, not even when he died and then I left, I have heard he changed," said Eliza.

Zenon nodded. He doesn't remember much of his grandpa. He was a scary man but was nice to Zenon. He liked telling stories of their family history and legacy and how Zenon should take it forward.

"Did anyone hear from the prince after that?" asked Caleb who was also listening to the story.

"No, He just vanished. Poor Almero," said Richard sadly.

---------------------------
"Where is father, he should be here by now," said Damon, worried looking at the guards.

"Sir Almero is still at the house Sir Damon," said a guard.

"He seems drunk," said another.

"We will go check on him," said Daniel.

"I and Damon will go, Dyl, no, you are not travelling that far now. We will be back in an hour with dad," said Zenon.

Damon and Zenon left.

--------------------------------------

Both reached the Arcari mansion and saw Almero was sitting in the hall. There was a whiskey bottle open next to him. He was drunk.

"Dad," Zenon rushed to him.

"Zenon, my kid, what happened?" asked Almero trying to sit up.

"What happened dad?" asked Zenon slowly running a hand through his father's long hair. Damon brought a band and Zenon tied it up.

"Nothing son, where is the kiddo?" asked Almero referring to Dylan as he took Damon's arm and stood up.

"He is at home. Come on let's go," said Damon. They took Almero home.

Eliza and Dylan were worried. They had enough room, so it was no issue.

-------------------------

In the morning, Almero came out and sat in the garden. Dylan hugged him.

"Are you okay Father?" asked Dylan, already every emotional with the pregnancy.

"I am sorry I ruined the get-together yesterday, kiddo and I am well," said Almero.

Damon hugged him next and Almero patted his head fondly.

"What is with all my babies, worried for me?" asked Almero as Caleb ran to him next. He took Caleb in his arms and walked a bit looking for Zenon.

"Sir Zenon went to the Knight Manor as dad needed his input with something or he said something like that," said Damon.

Almero nodded and sat down.

Eliza brought his breakfast.

"Why is your face like this? Is it because I was drunk? It won't happen again," said Almero.

Eliza sat on the arm of his chair and hugged his brother.

"You are not going back alone. You are staying with us and that is final," said Eliza and walked off after dropping a kiss on his forehead.

Almero looked at Daniel who came out then.

"You know him, don't argue and I agree with him, bud," said Daniel.

Almero snorted.

"I wish we had one of our childhood friends or the old guards to laugh about this with. Seriously, Daniel Zaned agreeing to something Eliza Arcari said," scoffed Almero, but a small smile appeared on his face as he said that.

"Touche," said Daniel.

------------------

Zenon got back and saw his dad sitting in the chair and rushed to him.

"Are you okay?" asked Zenon, going to his dad and going on his knees so that he could reach his father's face level as the man was sitting in a low chair. He hugged his dad.

"I am fine, totally fine," said Almero dropping a kiss on his son's forehead.

-------------------

Zenon brought the picture he collected from Damon's parents' house and showed it to his husbands.

"He is really handsome. Oh, they would have been a power couple," said Dylan in awe.

"Yeah, I wish we could find him," said Damon.

"We can and we will," said Zenon.

"How?" asked Dylan.

"I have spoken to the majesty, he gave me some clues and if with our network and power, we can't find him, then what is all this for?" asked Zenon.

Damon nodded.

---------------------

Dylan smiled as both men kissed on his tummy. "Get out soon little shits and stop messing with your Dad," said Damon fondly. The kids kicking and creating a ruckus.

"Just come out already. We can't wait to see you both," said Zenon softly.

Dylan looked at the men fondly.

"You know what I think? I think you are both going to be cool dads and we need to move things a bit faster with the nursery," said Dylan.

Zenon nodded, ruffling Damon's hair watching as he fondly looked at the tummy.

Zenon lifted his head and gave a kiss on Dylan's cheek and smiled.

Damon laid down on Dylan's lap and smiled at them both.

"Dorks," thought Dylan fondly.