Chapter 5

After a few drinks and a shot of vodka, forced by Mia, I'm starting to feel the alcohol in my body taking over and I think so is Mia by the way she's dancing next to me. My mom and Denise were sitting at the booth, deep into a conversation about something that I didn't know anything about. I laugh as Mia runs her hands through my hair, her head lightly hitting my chest before she looks back up at me with a giggle.

"Come on, you gotta sit for a bit," I tell her, escorting her back to the table since I noticed one of the guys eyeing her and I'll get in so much trouble from Ned if anyone touched her. Our moms look up at us, laughing when they notice the state we were currently in from the many, many drinks we had already consumed.

"Having fun?" My mom asks, taking a sip of her cranberry Moscow Mule that Denise had recommended for her.

"Yeah," Mia whispers, setting her head on my shoulder as she lets out a soft sigh. I look down at her when she gasps loudly, lifting her head up to look at something that was next to our table. My head whips around and when I see the man in a long-sleeved black shirt with a long gray coat, my eyes widen at the fact that he was here. Why was he here?

He points at me with a small smile before letting out a small chuckle. "Miles, Mia, it's good to see you."

Mia lets out a small giggle, linking her arm with mine as she continues to stare up at him. "What're you doing here?"

"I'm here with my friend to relax a bit. What're you doing here?" He says before looking at our moms who looked shocked to see him here and I'm assuming that Mia had also told her mom who he was and what had happened between him and I since it was pretty interesting. My mom had looked up a picture of him while on the way here as I told her about him, so I knew that she definitely knew who this man was.

"We just decided to go out since we were going to be busy for Thanksgiving," I tell him, my words lightly slurring together since I was verging on the almost drunk state.

He nods his head with a small smirk when he hears how I was talking before reaching his hand out to Denise since she was the closest to him. "I apologize, I'm Julian Caldwell. It's lovely to meet you."

"Oh, I'm Denise O'Brien, Mia's mother," she says, giving him a soft smile as she shakes his hand. He nods his head before holding his hand out to my mom, who still looked pretty shocked that he was there since she literally just figured out that he even existed.

"I'm Nancy Brigg, Mila's mom," she tells him.

He looks over at me in confusion as he pulls his arm from my mother's and I realize that he only knew that I was called Miles. "Oh, it's a nickname. I apparently was pretty obsessed with Mila Kunis as a teenager, so they started to call me that since it was so close to my name."

He nods his head in understanding. "Ah, I see."

My mother clears her throat, sitting up in the booth while looking at the businessman in front of us. "What're you doing for Thanksgiving, Julian?"

I look over at her with wide eyes because she knows that I specifically told her that his parents weren't in his life since they weren't okay with his sexuality. Mia covers her mouth as she lets out a laugh, earning a small chuckle from her mother. Julian clears his throat, crossing his arms. "Oh, I'm probably just going to be catching up on paperwork and business details since I'm kinda behind on some stuff. Nothing too crazy."

My mother immediately shakes her head. "No, I cannot let you be alone on Thanksgiving. You're coming over to eat dinner with us. I refuse to let anyone spend such a thankful holiday alone."

I look over at my mom like she's crazy because does she not remember anything that I told her in the car? This dude got super upset with me because I told him I was into women. Does she really want that at her table while we eat? I look back up at Julian to see the same shocked expression on his face as he glances at me. "Oh, no, I would hate to impose on a family evening."