Chapter 20

I wake up in the morning with my head pounding as I lay in a bed that definitely wasn't mine by the feel and the size. I stretch out underneath a heavy blanket that was now all too familiar to me. My mind assaults me of flashbacks of the previous night and I groan loudly at how stupid I get whenever I drink. Not only did I show up at Julian's house when I was still angry at him, but I told him about my father, which I really wish I hadn't. I roll out of the bed, trying to hurry to pull my clothes on because I didn't want to be here that much longer.

I slip my jeans on from the night before and button my shirt up all the way since he never actually took it off of me because my mouth kept moving to talk about my dad. I slip my shoes on before grabbing my bag and making my way downstairs. I walk into the kitchen to see Jonah cooking at the stove while Julian sits at the counter with his laptop in front of him. When he hears my footsteps, he looks up at me before giving me a confused expression when he sees that I'm dressed already.

"Are you leaving?" He asks as Jonah glances back at us.

"Yeah, I'm ordering an Uber now," I whisper to him as I stand next to the counter, not wanting to sit next to him. He stands up to come over to me, but I take a step back when he gets too close and he freezes, going back over to sit down.

"Well, don't do that. I got my car back from the shop and I was going to let you use it so you didn't have to keep taking Ubers everywhere, so you can take it now," he tells me and I immediately shake my head, not wanting to take anything from him.

"I'm not taking your car," I snap at him.

"I want you to. I don't want you to keep having to pay every time that you want to go somewhere. It'll save you money, Miles, please, just take it," he tells me with a pleading tone, not even affected by my own harsh tone.

"No, I'm not taking it," I snap again, staring at him with a glare.

"Okay, that's fine, then let Jonah drive you home today, please," he begs me and I look over at his worried face with a sigh, knowing that I'll give in if he keeps begging me like that. I glance at Jonah, realizing that he was nodding his head to tell me that it was okay.

"Fine," I give in.

"Can we talk first?" He asks me and I immediately shake my head as the memories come back from everything we already talked about last night. I look over at Jonah as he sets a travel mug of coffee with the sugar and creamer that I like in it in front of me. I smile softly at him before clearing my throat and looking back up at Julian.

"We talked enough last night," I tell him before taking a sip of the hot coffee.

"Are we ever going to talk then?" He begs me, practically kneeling in front of me to ask for forgiveness.

I feel the urge to cry again, but I hold the tears back because I didn't want to look weaker than I already did right now. I really wish I was strong enough to sit and talk with him, but right now, I would definitely forgive him and I didn't want to deal with that today because we would have to go over everything. I would have to probe into what had actually happened and I just wanted to go to my mom's house and hang out with her and Ivy for the day. "We will, I just can't today, Julian. Please, try to understand where I'm coming from. I had a hard day yesterday and I just want to go home."

"I understand," he whispers sadly.

I squeeze my eyes shut, swallowing the lump in my throat before going over and sitting on the stool that was next to him. I knew it's super pathetic to go back on my word just because he was sad, but I still cared for Julian and I still want him to be happy. He looks up at me, hiding his surprise since I literally just told him that we weren't going to talk about anything today. "Why'd you do it?"