Chapter 17

When Julian and I are dressed and ready to go, Jonah meets us downstairs with an awkward smile from catching us this morning in the kitchen. I checked Julian out as he wore a tight gray suit with a black tie and white button-up shirt. As he walked past me to go to the coffee maker, I lightly tapped his ass, making him jokingly glare at me before smiling and making his coffee. I tie my shoes while Jonah packs his laptop and other things into his bookbag. I don't know why, but today just made me feel very normal and kinda like we're a bit of a family. But I wasn't going to mention it or anything to make things weird.

I had brought with me a pink button-up shirt to pair with khaki pants since we were staying inside all day at school because it had gotten too cold to go outside for recess, so all the kids were going to play in the gym until it starts to warm up in the spring. I didn't want to wear a sweater and just have to take it off later in the day, even though I was upset about not being able to wear my usual stuff. I walked over to Julian, wrapping my arms around his waist as I just wish I could stay with him all day.

"I'm going to miss you today," I whisper, definitely being super clingy, but before I saw him yesterday, I hadn't seen him for more than a week and now that we had gotten closer, that would definitely be super hard if he left for that long again.

"I'll miss you too, but I'll see you tonight and we'll have fun, right?" He tells me as he puts the top on his travel mug before we follow Jonah out the front door to get in his car as we make our way to my school.

"Yeah, we'll have fun," I tell him as I pull out my phone to text Mia and ask her if she was prepared for the day ahead of us since we were getting new administration because the principal had quit a few weeks ago. I was nervous because we had heard from a few teachers who met the new principal that he was pretty serious and wasn't too big on having a personal relationship with his staff, which is weird that he even wanted to be in this job if he wasn't big on socializing.

"Jonah, when did we schedule the Skype call with the Arizona Light Impression factory staff?" Julian asks as he types something on his phone while Jonah thinks for a second before glancing at his boss in the rearview mirror.

"We rescheduled it for today at four," he supplies and I look over at Julian when he shakes his head and bites his lip. I could clearly see that he was starting to look stressed, probably from us not getting much sleep last night and also from all that he had to do daily.

He looks over at me with a small smile. "Do you want to get an Uber to my office today and you could just wait with me? No one will be at my house and I know you said that you would be scared if you were alone there, so would that work better for you?"

I nod my head, reaching over to run a hand through his hair. "Yeah, whatever's best for you."

"Thank you, I'm just so busy today," he tells me, letting out a sigh as he keeps typing away on his phone. I can see that notifications were just rolling in at the top of his screen every few seconds. I felt bad because his job made mine look like absolutely nothing and I wish I could just help take away some of his stress.

"Don't worry about it," I whisper as we pull up to the school where other teachers were starting to walk into the front door. I lean over, giving Julian a quick kiss, making it a little longer than necessary to give him a few more moments of peace and quiet until he got too crazy throughout the day. When we pull away, he sets his forehead against mine with a smile as he lets out a hum of appreciation.

"I'll see you this afternoon. I'll have Jonah send you the address to the office and just come in and say that you're here to see me. I'll make sure that my receptionists know that someone will be coming for me, alright?" He tells me, giving me a sweet smile as my thumb rubs against the soft skin of his cheek to help calm him down.